NINE

June 15, 2012

June 15, 2012

Catalina was currently eating lunch with her team in Barcelona who they played against later today and she was very nervous. She knew Barcelona was a very good team and this would be her first match against them as she was in the starting eleven against them and wouldn't be a sub.

She knew Barcelona had some very hardcore supporters and if she were to make one mistake, she would literally be eaten alive by them. Ronaldo, who was seated beside her could see how nervous she was and decided to comfort her, as he knew what she was feeling.

"Hey don't worry too much about this match, okay? I know you're nervous about playing against Barcelona and i completely understand, but you're going to do great. All you have to do is believe in yourself."

He gives her a little shoulder rub and she lightly smiles at him.

"Thank you, i'm just nervous that i'm going to make a mistake and it doesn't help that i'm starting. I mean i know i've started before but this will be my first match against Barcelona." She nervously says as she picks at her nails.

"I know you are, but instead of being nervous about starting against barcelona, think about how our coach put you of all of our players in the starting lineup."

"Everyone makes mistakes and no one is perfect, you're only 17 and still have the rest of your life ahead of you. Don't think too much about it, and go out there and kick some ass."

She thanks him once again and they share a smile as they get back to their lunch. His words did help and she was extremely grateful that her team had her back and basically became a second family to her.

The team was almost done eating when Sofia turned to her and started a conversation.

"Is your family here at Barcelona to watch you?"

"Yeah my boyfriend and I families came out here
with me to support us as we're all one big family and do everything together." She couldn't help but smile at the mention of her family which didn't go unnoticed by Sofia.

"Carlos right? He's a very handsome young lad, i've noticed. You guys are very lucky to have each other."

Catalina starts blushing slightly at that making Sofia laugh and push her shoulders jokingly.

They all finally finish up their lunch and headed over to Camp Nou which is the Barcelona home stadium. She responded to a few texts that Carlos and her father had sent her and went on the field to warm up.

Catalina noticed her family already seated after a few minutes which is sooner than she initially expected but she sent a loving smile and wink to Carlos who winked back. She knew her dad would eventually come down to where the Madrid team as everyone on the team including the coach, still adored him and he wanted to wish his daughter good luck.