TWENTY FIVE

October 30th, 2016

October 30th, 2016

~

Today was the day of the ballon d'or ceremony. Last year, Catalina had been nominated for the Kopa trophy which is for players under twenty one and she had won that trophy. Now this year, she was a fan favorite nominee for the ballon d'or award in the womens category. It was surprising to her because she thought so many other women deserved the award before her, but she was also proud of how hard she's worked to be successful and on top.

She was getting ready with Sofia while nervously texting Carlos who was trying to calm down her nerves. He knew how she was with public speaking and how it caused her anxiety to rise. Her mom had hired Catalina a makeup artist and stylist that had always styled her for runways and fashion events. "Oh! hello Miss Fernandez! You look just like your father dear."

Catalina smiles at her and stands up to hug her. "Serena! It's so good to see you again! It's been a while hasn't it?" She had grown up with Serena in the house quite a lot as her and her mother were great friends. Whenever she needed a stylist for any occasion, Serena was already on her way before her mother could even speak.

"It has dear! Now your mom sent me this dress for and i thought it would look absolutely beautiful on you." She pulls out a black small, sleeveless, simple above the knee dress and at the top of the dress, lays a large soft pink bow that wraps around her shoulders. Catalinas eyes brighten at the dress.

"Your mother already sent me the measurements and we fitted it so it would look perfect on you darling."

Catalina goes to take the gorgeous dress in her hands to get a feel of it and gently puts it back on the rack. "It looks so beautiful Serena! Thank you so much!" The spanish girl goes to hug her again and Serena makes her sit back down to get her makeup done.

They decide to not do anything too crazy and over the top. Just a simple makeup look to make her eyes pop and the perfect shade of a french pink lipgloss to finish the whole look.

When they completely finish the makeup, Sofia enters the room with coffee for them and tells her she looks stunning. "What are thinking for the hair?" Sofia asks as she takes a sip from her own iced latte.

"Not sure yet. Serena what are you thinking?"

Serena throws about a bunch of ideas for her hair but no one was really feeling it. So they decided on a simple slicked back ponytail with a few face framing strands in the front. And for the jewelry, she keeps it simple as well, with just a few gold bracelets on her wrists and pearl necklace.