TWENTY EIGHT

October 7th, 2018

October 7th, 2018

It was the quarter finals for 2018 world cup and today Spain were going up against Russia in Moscow, which were the team that were hosting this year. Catalina had gotten the honor of being chosen again and this time she hoped they could get the win and be crowned champions.

The start of the game had been surprisingly easy for the Spanish as Catalina kicked the ball to Sergio Ramos at the 12th minute and he had kicked it in the goal. Technically it counted as an own goal as it bounced off a Russian players leg but nonetheless, the team still celebrated their goal and were happy about it.

Their lead only expanded when Catalina got rewarded a free kick at the 36th minute. All the other players lined up in front of the goal and Catalina stood in front of the ball, getting ready to kick it. Her foot touched the ball, sending it straight into the goal. Catalina watched as the goalkeeper tried to block it, but was too far away and saw it hit the net.

After she did her celebration and made a heart over the Spain symbol, she got back into her position and fist bumped Sergio on the way. They were now 2-nil and hoped they could stay in the lead.

Unfortunately, their luck didn't last for much longer as the Russian team were now arguing for a handball against Catalina herself right before halftime. She had jumped up to try and head the ball away from the opponents goal and while doing so, her hand had accidentally hit the ball because of a Russian player knocking her over.

While they were arguing for a penalty, she was arguing that they had knocked her over while VAR kept watching the replays. The only reason her hand had touched the ball was because of their opponent which you could clearly see in the clip. But it didn't look to go their way as Russia was given the penalty and made the score 2-1, which made Catalina believe it was her fault.

But things only became worse for Catalina. It was around the 60th minute when she allegedly kicked someone on purpose to try and get the ball. She was running toward the ball along with someone else, and they had stuck their leg out right as she went to kick it away, resulting in her kicking the person instead.

Once again, she found herself trying to argue with the ref as the person she had kicked was still rolling around, clutching their knee. Catalina was beyond pissed now as she knew what was going to happen and her teammates were also arguing for her to stay.

"Ref! They stuck their leg out right when i went to kick! They knew what they were fucking doing!" The ref obviously didn't care what she had to say and grabbed a red card from his pocket. Sure maybe it would've been a yellow card...but a straight red?

She shook her head and started walking away from
the pitch. Catalinas been here before and didn't see any point in arguing with the referee and ripped her jersey off. When she entered the locker room, she through it at the wall in frustration and started mumbling to herself. The girl bitterly chuckled at what just happened and pulled out her phone, already seeing messages from her family which she ignored all of them.

One thing she couldn't ignore what the hate that she was already receiving. Minutes after the incident had happened and people were already taking it to twitter and posting it everywhere. People were already blaming her and calling her names, which was something she has always been used to.

What made it even worse, that same person ended up scoring, making the game go to penalties. Catalina watched as Russia ended up winning the game and Spain players collapsed on the ground. She couldn't help but she guilty as she thought everything she could have done differently to try and get the ball. Because now thanks to her, Russia got a penalty kick and another goal, which the Spain fans would not take lightly.

She walked outside with the rest of the team to get on the team bus and as soon as everyone caught sight of her, they yelled out all kinds of ruthless names to her. She didn't pay any attention to them and kept her head up as they even tried to climb over fences to attack her.

"Go back to where you belong!"

"Do you think you'll ever play for Spain again?"

"Thanks for being a fuckup! Now Russia can move further!"

"You're a disgrace to the Spain name! You don't deserve anything good ever!"

People were yelling out, calling her a disappointment, calling her the n word, and much more. She sat down beside Nicolas and he didn't say anything, he just let his arms go around her and she laid her head on his shoulders. As much as he was worried about her and cared for the girl, he knew she wouldn't want to talk and let her close her eyes.

~

Twitter—

user1| catalina proving time and time again that she doesn't deserve her spot on any team

user2| of course the one person to fuck this up for us was catalina...when will you people realize she's not her father

user3| she's get a handball and then a straight red...get out of my club and get out of my country

user4| she's going to crumble at madrid now that ronaldo isn't there seeing as he literally carried her to success

user5| she needs to go! idc if she disappears for the rest of her life or even dies!! she needs to leave football for actual men who want to play

user6| nothing but daddy's money and a whore who relies on carlos #freecarlos

user7| #catalinafernandezisover

user8| god it's like beckham all over again

~

AUTHORS NOTE:
here's comes the downfall of little lina's confidence...