THIRTY THREE

"Hey hermana, you have anything planned for today?" Lana had asked her older sister after she came downstairs of their family home

Catalina looked up from her phone after finishing up her facetiming Carlos and shook her head. Little Lana who used to annoy the shit out of Catalina just a few years ago, was already nineteen and really mature for her age. Guess the matureness ran in the family at an early age. And on top of everything, she was now basically a carbon copy of their mom as well...which was actually quite freaky.

"Why? You actually inviting me out with you? That's probably the first time in your entire life you wanted me to hang out with you." She smiled over at Lana who just rolled her eyes.

"I was going to, but i'll be perfectly fine without you joining if you're just going to tease me all day."

"You're so easy to piss off." She leaned back comfortably on the couch and Lana scrunched up her face, looking at her.

"Ew your posture is terrible right now. How do lay like that?"

"How do you not? It's so comfortable lying down like this." She lays down even further and laughs as she sees the judgy look Lana had on her face.

"Anyways, where are we going today?"

"Right...one of my friends bailed on me last minute, and now i have an extra ticket to the Louis Vuitton show."

"So i'm your second choice?"

"More like my fifth or sixth option. My other friends were busy."

Catalina gave her a stare and Lana only smiled back at her. "What? I knew you wouldn't be busy today because Sofia bailed on you even after you guys apologized and got back together."

"You make it sound like we're some toxic couple. We apologized and moved on. Like mature adults."

"But why? She's a bitch and everyone can see it but you."

"She was my first friend after being signed by Madrid. Maybe some part of me will always see that version of her and not believe she changed. Maybe something's going on that i don't know about Lana, we can't be too quick to judge someone."

"You just don't want to believe she's changed, but you aren't sixteen anymore and she's not nineteen. Everyone knows that you're the better player, maybe she's not used to not getting the attention she once received."

"How can a person go from being my best friend on the team to barely even speaking to me?" She gives her a look. "A person can't change that quickly."

Lana shrugged her shoulders. "They can if they become jealous of you."

"Why would she be jealous of me?"

Lana shrugged. "You have talent, she doesn't. You have good looks, she doesn't. A very handsome boyfriend—"