Owen's Greatest Fears

The fear of losing someone you love. It's one many people have, especially villains.
Owen stood up and walked into a hospital room. He saw his father on the bed, with a million artifacts attached to him. His dad was the original Captain Boomerang, George Harkness.
"Hi, dad" Owen whispered.
"Son, *coughs*, you look well"
"Hehe, thanks dad"
"You need to go on with your life, you know" George said.
"Dad, I'm gonna honor you, take on the mantle"
"No, you won't. Look at me, if I wasn't Captain Boomerang, do you think I would be here? Don't do it, son"
"Dad, this is something I have to do. Somebody shot you, and I need to punish them!" Owen yelled.
"Son, calm down, *cough*"
"No, dad! You never believed in me! You taught me, you trained me, but you never thought I'd be like you!"
"Son-*cough*, please..."
"I'm doing this, I don't care what you think" Owen said.
With that, Owen left the room, only to come back right in, just in time to see his father die. He couldn't do anything. Why, you ask. This is all a memory, and in that memory, Owen left the room and didn't come back. He left and left his father thinking that he hated him, leaving his father to die thinking that he hated him. One regret he could never change.
"Dad! Fight it! Come on!" Owen scram, looking at his father silently gasping for air. The nurses weren't coming. Nobody could hear George dying. The line flattened.
"Dad! No, please, no!" Owen cried out. He cried and cried.
"I love you, dad! Please don't leave me! Dad...!" He cried.
"Owen" a voice came from behind him.
"Dad?"
"You shouldn't have become what you are. This is how you honor me?! By following orders and acting like a coward?! You disgust me! You hear me?! You're a disgrace! You're a disgrace to me!"
"I'm sorry, dad...I'm sorry... Please forgive me"

Owen ran away. Toward a never ending tunnel. He came across a girl, she was tied up, surrounded by explosives.
"Sara?" Owen asked.
The girl lifted her head, only to reveal a woman Owen loved.
"Owen, you're here! Get me out of this! Please!"
"I-I can't move!" Owen yelled.
"What?! Help me, Owen!" Sara yelled.
A person in a black robe came in, and lit the explosives.
"Hurry, Owen! Get me out!"
"Sara! I can't! I can't!"
"Owen, help m-"
Boom.
"SARA!"
Sara, a woman Owen loved very much, was kidnapped and killed. The kidnapper was never found and Owen never got to avenge her.