Stranded

"This is it." Shiva mumbled, opening the exit of the botanical gardens.

"This has been a hell of a mission." Deadshot muttered.

The team looked around, but everything was quiet. No sign of an extraction helicopter anywhere.

"Ya'know, we could really use that helicopter!" Harley looked to the sky, seeing if she could spot anything.

"Waller said it would be here." Plague clenched his fists.

"Well, is it Wonder Woman's invisible jet, cause I don't see anything!" Harley yelled.

Suddenly, a helicopter sound was heard, coming from the back of the gardens. It was an ARGUS helicopter.

"Yay!" Harley squealed. But her hopes were soon brought down when a missile hit and destroyed the helicopter, bringing it down in pieces.

"You're not going anywhere I don't want you to!" Slade scram, carrying a missile launcher on his shoulder.

Then, the Batman came out of the gardens, taking a batarang out of his belt.

The team was surrounded, by two very dangerous people.

"Plague, what do we do?" El Diablo whispered, getting into battle position.

"I have no idea." He put down Floyd. "We're in a very deep situation."

"I could've escaped! I could've escaped from this squad!" Slade loaded another missile. "But you people denied me even that!" He aimed at the team. "And now you're all going to die." But before he could shoot the missile, something broke out of the ground and grabbed him by the leg, the missile launcher falling to the floor.

"NOBODY HURTS SHARK'S FRIENDS!!!" King Shark spun Slade around before putting Slade above his body, and throwing him to the ocean, only to be arrested afterwards by ARGUS agents.

"Jaws!" Harley squealed, running towards him.

"KING SHARK SAVE SQUAD!" He roared, receiving a hug from Harley.

"I'm taking you all in." Batman approached, calmly.

"Like hell you are." Plague shoved Batman.

"I don't care why Waller sent you here, if you think for one second that I will let all of you escape, you're making a big mistake." He said, closing in on Plague.

"Watch out, Bats." Harley smirked.

Batman gave her a questioning look, before getting hit in the head by Catgirl.

"What's the matter, Batman, cat got your tongue?" Catgirl kicked Batman in the face, knocking him out, but not for long.

"The asylum is surrounded by the GCPD. Unless Waller sends another helicopter, we're not getting off the island." Black Spider arrived, behind Catgirl.

"This is how it ends then." Shiva sat on the ground, tending to Floyd.

"I'll call Waller, see if she can send another." Black Spider walked away.

"Is he gonna be ok?" Harley spoke to Shiva, looking at Floyd.

"Yeah, the bullet is in a non-lethal area. He'll be fine." Shiva put her hand on Harley's shoulder.

Harley pushed Shiva's hand off her shoulder and gave her a hug. "Thank you." She whispered.

Harley released and told Shiva to give her a minute with Floyd.

"Wow, Floyd, another bullet scar to the never ending collection." Harley teased.

"Something's bothering you." Floyd frowned.

"Is it that obvious?" Harley looked down.

"You've taught me some therapist tips." Floyd smiled.

"I'm sorry, Floyd." She whispered.

"What's wrong?"

"Zoe needs you. She needs her father. I can't keep you away from her anymore. I can't be with you anymore. There were times when all I ever thought of you was my ticket away from Joker. But, that isn't the case. Things are going too fast. I'm not that girl anymore. I'm not that girl that fell in love with Joker and became his follower. I'm my own person now. I need to find myself, and what I truly am. I need you to understand." Harley began to tear up.

"I understand, Harleen." He said, pulling her against himself, crashing his lips onto hers. They remained like that for 10 seconds before letting go. "If you ever need anything, just call." Floyd whispered, still close to Harley.

"I will." She said, kissing him on his forehead.

Another helicopter appeared, and with nothing to stop them, the misfits climbed on and left Arkham Island, and then Gotham.