32 : The Deception

Arjun glimpsed the flare combusting inside her brownish orbs..Draupadi became sceptical thinking about the aftermath..As far as she comprehended, Arjun is very much sensitive regarding his personal matters..And here ,She has concealed the essence of her existence..! The thought of aftermath made draupadi shudder..but she is yagyaseni..convening courage , draupadi inhaled a sharp breathe and divulged..

" Yes Arya, you heard it right..I'm the one who fled from my home land within a night , from the clutches of jarasandh.. princess of Panchal "
but fragmenting her assumptions, Arjun guffawed leaving Draupadi stupified..Drops of water started dribbling down from Arjun's hazels as his laughter intensified..

" Krishnaa..your friendship with madhav has definitely shadowed on your traits too..look, you've also started to crack jokes just like him "
Arjun commented while striving hard to restrain his laughter.. yagyaseni incredibly stared at her husband and suspired..For a jiffy, wrath slightly overpowered her thoughts watching his aloofness.. but at the next moment,his credence over her thawed her heart..

"Once glance into my eyes and say Arya..can you see any sparks of jest in it ? I'm neither cracking jokes nor lying..I'm the spiritual daughter of lord Agni..I'm the youngest princess of Panchal,the youngest daughter of King Drupad, Panchali"
Draupadi proclaimed and Arjun restrained his guffaw..for a jiffy once he glanced at her orbs to find only two things..
Firmness and fierceness !
His laugh deceased on his lips as he glanced into her orbs..

Mustering courage, Draupadi held his hand..
sometimes action speaks louder than words..
She reminiscenced her Govind's words..Thus,she led him to his chamber..Thick silence pervaded inside the dark corridors that guided to Arjun's private chamber..The abrupt divulgence made Arjun muted and his silence agonised her heart..

As soon as they entered his bed chamber, her eyes fastened over the Side stand where his gandiva rested.. Draupadi's heart palpitated as she glanced at Arjun's impassive visage..they neither reflected befuddlement nor wrath..her grip over his hand loosened as she paced up to the night stand..

"With your permission, can I wield it ?"
Draupadi interrogated and Arjun's lips parted in amusement..
He knows his gandiva..The marvellous piece of art created by the God of creation lord brahma itself is not something which anyone could handle at ease..He was graced with gandiva by lord varuna on the implore of lord Agni and only a might which is peer to them can only wield It and he could so cause he is the spiritual son of lord Indra..

" Yes, Indeed My better half has the equal authority that I have on every objects that I possess..But..It will be heavier for.."
prior to Arjun's completion , enclosing her eyes, draupadi uplifted his mighty gandiva single-handedly leaving Arjun's pupils dilate in astonishment..He gawked incredibly at draupadi and gandiva simultaneously..
He could behold her visage gleaming with radiance of fire..If she could wield the mighty gandiva ,then indeed she's the element of Fire..

Tears permeated from draupadi's orbs as Arjun remained speechless..His silence slayed her inner self..She kept the gandiva back and enwrapped her hands over his, grasped it closer to her chest and spoke
" I Implore for your apology Arya!..
for not informing you this before.. I was bounded by the promise that I have given to my elder sister shikhandini..she behested me to not unveil my identity as it may cause harm to me..I know Arya , you must be befuddled ..I beg you to please comprehend my situation..I know you still couldn't assimilate the truth, I can prove it to you"
Tears fondled her cheeks and lips quivered..her anticipating glances made him crack his silence..

"May I know why you didn't apprise me this before?"
The quest left his lips devoid of any emotions..his glance perforated her heart...

" Arya.. I was.."
Her voice came as a whisper but halted on her words when she felt his rough finger pads touching her cheeks..