Chapter 445. Florrie's Deception. Exploring the New House.

Florrie flew across the familiar streets. However, unlike previous times when her feelings were free and relaxed, she was nervous and filled with dread. 'Lady Yasenia has allowed us to leave the group and meet with our superiors at a delicate time like this one. She couldn't make it clearer that this is a test.'

Florrie's black feathers fluttered with the wing, camouflaging with the darkness surrounding the alleys.

Only her white naked body shone with the natural light coming from the Moon and the city's lights.

After moving across this unsettling darkness and arriving at the usual meeting point, Florrie stopped and landed safely.

Ten seconds later, a person appeared from the darkness and stood before her. He had wolf characteristics and a black robe. He looked beside Florrie and noticed the lack of other harpies.

"Where are your other colleagues? You were accompanied by two others when I hired you to save the harpies."

Florrie snorted and answered coldly. "Those stupid teammates tried to assassinate the Astral Sky Clan Matriarch, ambushing her while they were at a melee range. The attack failed, and that dragoness wasn't even hurt. The power she showed was immeasurable at a glance, and she didn't even look tired."

Florrie saw his doubt and smiled coldly. "As I wrote in the earlier report, another two tried to assist her. The result didn't change, and she won with relaxed moves. Also, her allies didn't move and stood aside for the altercation."

The man lifted an eyebrow and asked. "If she was so strong, why did the combat last so much?"

Florrie looked at him as if he were stupid. "Do I even have to explain this? She..." Florrie stopped speaking and squinted her eyes. Then, her aura slowly seeped out, and her eyes became cold. "Do you think I betrayed you?"

The man sneered. "You tell me."

Florrie's eyes became colder, and she turned around, not saying anything more.

"Where are you going?"

"Elsewhere. Either way, that person won't feel my absence. If I'm not trusted after just a day of being in the Astral Sky Clan, I don't even know why I'm partnering with Young Master Fu Yu and the City Lord."

Florrie extended her wings and flapped, taking off.

"Wait!"

Florrie stopped mid-air and turned around with a mocking smile. "What now? Regretting it?"

"Forgive me. Young Master Fu was afraid that you would defect like Ghana did. That's why we just tested you. Miss Florrie is one of the best assassins in Koran City and has decades of experience. We shouldn't have doubted you."

"That's all? An apology and that's it? Good luck finding the next person." Florrie turned around and continued flying away, looking uninterested.

"Miss Florrie, wait!" Now this person was genuinely getting scared of her leaving.

Florrie looked back and spoke. "One last chance to say something that convinces me to do this job. I've seen that some of the harpies truly believe that dragoness promises and are already loyal to her. Therefore, unlike when I faced just an unknown clan, now I'm facing my sisters."

The man sighed in relief and spoke. "We'll triple your remuneration and add allies once the Astral Sky Clan recruits again."

Florrie flew back and crossed her wings before her chest. "Not enough. I know other powers are colluding into this spying thing after the third random harpy stepped up to help my two companions. I want information about those powers and their spies. This way, I'll be able to coordinate with them until my allies arrive."