Chapter 596. Tatyana's, Valeria's, and Mirrory's Intense Fight!

Author Note: Massive cliffhanger! I'm warning you dears, so be careful~.

*********************************

Tatyana's face was ferocious a few moments ago as she sped toward where the aura originated.

Her figure blurred like a black smokey shadow as she weaved between the trees and ran at her top speed.

Mirrory and Valeria followed closely behind.

Tatyana asked with an icy voice. "What the hell are these abominations doing here? I was doubtful when I heard that child, Tengliu, speaking about it. But to think they can come to the lower realms."

Valeria was even angrier than Tatyana, and her usual gentle features showed wrath like never before, as if Mother Nature was about to unleash disasters on the mortal world. Her tone was deep and disdainful. "Who cares? These things should be purged from all existence."

Mirrory's voice was as cold as a thousand years old ice. "Just slaughter them. However, the auras are quite thick for our current strength. Tatyana, we must be careful if they have six marks or less."

Tatyana nodded seriously. "Let's first see, and if they have five marks, we must return to our children and evacuate."

Valeria frowned for a second. "But..." Then, she sighed. "Well, the children are our priority. However, we must come later to exterminate them if they are five marks or above."

Tatyana and Mirrory nodded. "We just need to call Tengliu and Coraline. With those two, we should be able to fight a five-mark depending on its cultivation... Sigh, if I had finished that formation, this would be much easier."

Mirrory snorted. "To think that you miscalculated."

Tatyana rolled her eyes. "I didn't expect it to be so far. Either way, we are arriving, focus."

Moments later, they arrived at the central area of the mountain basin.

With purple as the dominant color, everything in this area seemed to come from a different dimension.

There was a well-like giant structure that poured a sickening miasma. The transparent, blackish fog sunk into the earth, making everything it touched twist and transform.

Looking from the valley's entrance leading into the basin, it was impossible to spot this area because tall, regular trees surrounded it.

However, the trees affected by the miasma were very different. They were corrupted and warped in strange silhouettes, the soil was undulating and squirming in some places, and the air was nauseous for an average cultivator because of the chaotic energies.

Tatyana, Valeria, and Mirrory stopped on the edge and hid their breath, overlooking the situation.

Tatyana commented. "Thankfully, we've arrived early, a thousand years later, and this world would be doomed."

Mirrory commented. "No wonder this place was unexplored terrain on the map. All explorers that reached this area were probably killed or became crazy after entering into contact with [The Abyss]'s energies."

Valeria looked around and saw two humanoid but deformed figures channeling their energy into a strange purple crystal pillar.

One of them had a very thick arm and three standard arms on the other side, with a face that split right down the middle and opened in a terrifying maw with many teeth.

The other was not much better appearance-wise, with three arms and a torso that had a giant eyeball looking around.

The color of their skin was grey, with irises that appeared to have an engulfing darkness as a color with flashes of different lights. On their bodies, seven white runes glowed with twisted energies.