Chapter 585. Brilliant Auction House's Finale.

Author Note: Three chapters before the start of the time skip~.

******************************

After the mermaid left with the entire Brilliant Auction house, all the other seniors retreated without saying anything.

Yasenia found it strange. 'Can the [Ocean Swallowing Mermaids] do as they please?'

Tengliu commented. "Let's go, Yasenia."

Leaving questions for later, Yasenia looked at her and nodded. The girls summoned a flying sword, and Yasenia carried Carbira in her arms as they flew back.

The dragoness looked at Carbira and saw that her protruding black eyes leaned in the direction of the brilliant auction house.

There were a few trails of tears on her smooth and white cheeks, making the dragoness sigh. "Carbira, I know that you might feel my actions are extreme..."

Carbira's eyes moved and pointed in Yasenia's direction. Her voice sounded stuffy and without energy. "They were. Why did you do that?"

Yasenia commented. "I didn't intend to do something like this at first."

Carbira remembered how Yasenia avoided putting her energy in the cards. The crab woman herself didn't know that there was such a gimmick hidden in them.

With a whispering voice, Carbira asked, sounding weak and defenseless. "Then, why?"

Yasenia looked forward and pondered how to explain what she did honestly and without hiding things. She sighed and commented. "Well, for starters. My reason for not taking advantage of my knowledge directly and setting up the power was you."

Carbira listened silently.

"I knew that you liked Pei Zhang as a senior, so I decided not to say anything about it." She sighed again. "However, the way he acted was very different from what I expected. He not only tried to scam me, he was deceiving me, trying to control me, and also trying to seduce me and Cecile."

Carbira looked at Yasenia and asked. "Then, what about Tengliu?" Yasenia paused and looked down. "Will you also get rid of her once you have the chance, as you did with my power?"

Yasenia stayed silent and sighed. "Yes. If I were strong enough, Tengliu would have died."

Tengliu, listening from the side, already knew it, but hearing it directly again made her feel a prickly sensation in her heart.

Carbira looked at Yasenia for a few seconds and then looked in the direction of the Auction House. "In the end, everything comes down to who is stronger. Politics, economics, strategies, schemes... Nothing makes sense if the other party is strong enough."

Yasenia agreed. "It has always been like this, Carbira. This happens even between mortals. Those more influential can take advantage of the masses because they have power beyond them. I've seen it many times and in many forms."

"A village chief stealing the son or daughter of the farmer. "

"A town mayor using his relation to a cultivator to steal from others and kill without repercussions."

"A race with an advantage oppressing another race because of past conflicts that have nothing to do with the present."

"A merchant with enough money to buy people."

Yasenia sighed. "The World is not fair, and everything eventually comes down to who has the bigger fist. There is a semblance of balance and rules between equal powers, but as soon as one of those powers takes that step ahead and becomes unreachable, everyone else will have to lower their heads."