/Chapter 2/

/twelve years ago/

The students in the second grade class were all excited to come back to their homeroom classroom for a Valentine's Day party.

Their teacher had lots of candy, sweets, and stickers for the kids to enjoy after they came back from art class.

One thing about the seven year old boy, Donghyuck, was that he absolutely loved sweets and desserts.

And so in art class, all the students were thinking about was the little party they were having later.

Their art teacher was a bit shocked with how much energy they had today as they were lining up in front of the door to wait for their homeroom teacher to pick them up.

"Wow, you guys are rowdy today," Their art teacher chuckled, looking at Donghyuck with a bright smile.

Donghyuck nodded his head vigorously with excitement, "Everyone is probably excited for the Valentine's Day party!"

The elder art teacher shook her head, "is that so?"

Donghyuck nodded, "yes!"

"Well then I guess that would do it," she answered with a knowing grin.

Donghyuck clapped his hands and waited in his spot on line as their teacher arrived to pick them up.

"I heard from one of the students that you're having a little party right now, Ms. Kim," the art teacher told the homeroom teacher.

Ms. Kim's facial expression was unreadable as she looked at each student individually before answering the art teacher.

"We were supposed to, but not anymore," Ms. Kim stated as the students suddenly became silent. "Start walking until you reach the end of the hall." She instructed as the students exited the art room, silent and upset.

Donghyuck felt his cheeks heat up and his stomach churn uncomfortable for some reason as Ms. Kim walked out the art room to guide the line of students back to the homeroom.

The kids took their seats in desks as Ms. Kim turned on the lights with an fuming expression.

"Who told Ms. Ha that we were having a party?" Ms. Kim's angry eyes scanned the room.

The students all stood silent as Donghyuck sat in his seat, staring at his desk guiltily. Ms. Kim never said the party was supposed to be a secret.

And now he feels bad for spoiling it.

"No one is going to admit their mistake?" Ms. Kim asked with annoyance evident in her tone.

Everyone was still silent and that did not make Donghyuck feel any better.

"Okay, the party is cancelled," Ms. Kim concluded with her clasped hands. "Let's clean up the mess we made before art."

The students were upset and shocked, getting out of their seats to pick up the toys and blocks on the floor of the classroom.

Donghyuck was putting away soft of the arts and crafts materials as a couple students approached him.

"Why did you open your big mouth?" One little boy asked madly.

"Go tell, Ms. Kim it was you," a little girl commanded.

Donghyuck looked at the two students sadly, chewing on his bottom lip as he put the markers away in its bucket.

"I-I'm sorry," Donghyuck uttered out softly.