/Chapter 33/

Time had passed and before Donghyuck knew it, it was already August, which meant that he had to prepare for his runway show he was participating in.

It was currently the day before the show and Donghyuck had to show up early in the morning for an outfit fitting, trying on the outfits he was assigned to wear during the show.

It was his first time meeting the owner of the event in person and Donghyuck was absolutely terrified, but Mark assured him not to worry too much since everything would be just fine.

Mark had driven him there, waiting for the younger in the car.

Donghyuck had come back around a half hour or so later, his cheeks reddened from anxiousness as he sat in the passenger seat of his husband's car.

Mark instantly cupped the younger's cheek with his cool hands—due to the air conditioner turned on—as he pecked Donghyuck's lips quickly before leaning his forehead on the younger's.

"Everything is okay," Mark calmly spoke to which Donghyuck let out a sigh of relief, nodding his head subtly.

"Thank you," Donghyuck softly spoke as Mark smiled and reached over the younger to put his seatbelt on.

Mark drove off back to the apartment and what surprised the both of them was Donghyuck's parents waiting by the gates of their complex.

Donghyuck felt his heart drop.

He just can not win can he?

Stepping outside of the car, Mark opened the younger's door before unlocking the gate for Donghyuck's parents to enter.

"Lee Donghyuck." His father sharply called out. "You have a lot of explaining to do."

Donghyuck looked at Mark quickly before gulping, picking at his fingernails in front of his stomach.

Mark placed a hand over the younger's, sliding his hand to interlock with Donghyuck's to rub the back of his palm with comfort.

"Mr. and Mrs. Lee, let's take this inside," Mark suggested as he gently pushed the younger to walk in front of him to get away from his parents for a few seconds.

They walked inside the complex, taking the elevator to the fifth floor and entering the apartment after unlocking it.

"Now. I want answers," Donghyuck's father demanded.

"What are you talking about?" Donghyuck sassed even though he damn well had an idea of what he was talking about.

"Why the hell did we get an email discussing your resignation from school?!" His father raised his voice.

"Who gave you permission to do that? It surely wasn't us. You need to attend school right now and tell them to cancel it," His mother added.

Donghyuck felt tears threatening in his eyes as he stomped away to his room and came back with a piece of paper in his hand.

It was his certificate for finishing his gen ed courses that Dr. Oh promised him.

"I already completed my education," Donghyuck showed them, biting his bottom lip to contain his tears.

Mark looked at Donghyuck, asking with his eyes if he needed any help but the younger shook his head.

"No you didn't! You didn't even have a major! What the hell did you complete?!" His father scolded

"You need a major to have a stable career! What are you going to do with this invalid certificate?!" His mother spat with irritation.

Suddenly, the certificate was snatched from his hand as Donghyuck's father took it and teared it to shreds.