/Chapter 22/

The next morning, Donghyuck had woken up a bit later than he usually would.

But before he fell asleep last night, he made a promise to himself to clean up around the apartment.

It was the least that he could do since he was living there as well and Mark was the one who bought the apartment in the first place.

And he could only imagine how much it costed him.

Donghyuck was not sure if Mark was home or not but he did not let that stop him as he plugged in his earbuds and began cleaning, starting with taking the clothes out of the hamper in the bathroom and separating them into piles.

He stuffed the washer with the first load of clothes, pouring some detergent and softer inside of it as he closed the lid and let the machine do its work while he went over to the kitchen and began washing the dishes with gloves on.

Listening to music actually helped him work more faster and efficiently, though he would take breaks every now and then to just sit on the couch and stare out the window.

He made sure the dishes were neatly lain on the drying rack before wiped down the sink and counter with a rag. And after that, he removed his gloves and laid them over the faucet to dry.

It was starting to feel a little hot in the apartment because of all the moving around so he went to change into some shorts.

And when he came back, he grabbed a dusted and dusted all the furniture before spraying the windows to wipe them clean with newspaper—that way no streaks would be created against the glass.

He hopped around the apartment, taking a mini dance break as he jumped in place like he were at a rave party.

Suddenly, he remembered the clothes in the washing machine so he went to check on it, located next the the bathroom in this little closet area.

He removed the wet clothes and put them into the dryer before starting the next load of clothes into the washing machine.

Hours had gone by and Donghyuck had already cleaned the entire apartment—everything was spic and span from the bathroom to the kitchen and to the living room.

Donghyuck was currently folding the clothes he had washed which were a mix of his and Mark's.

The tanned beauty blushed while folding Mark's clothing and placing them into the laundry basket. When he finished and he put his clothes away before carrying the laundry basket with the older's clothes in it to Mark's door.

He gave Mark's door a knock or two, waiting to see if anybody would open the door but there was no answer. Donghyuck shrugged slightly and let out a sigh of relief before he turned Mark's doorknob to push his door open.

He placed the basket against the wall so that he did not entire the older's room before closing the door and heading back into his own room.

Donghyuck wondered where Mark was. He could not be working right now could he?

Hopefully not because it was the weekend and Mark should be able to have a rest instead of working so much.

Now that Donghyuck thought about it, it was weird how little he knew of Mark. The older had practically be in his life this entire time because he was Jaehyun's younger brother and Donghyuck never even realized it.

And before Donghyuck knew it, days had passed by and Mark had been treating Donghyuck so nicely with care.

Every time Mark had come home from work, he would ask if Donghyuck had a meal and if the younger said no, Mark would make something for him.