/Chapter 23/

Tw// brief mention of harassment

Donghyuck got off the bus and walked onto campus with his earbuds plugged into his ears. He stared at the ground as he headed to his last final for the semester.

He just wanted to get it over with so that he could audition and then go back home. He did not want to be here at all.

But obviously luck was never on his side and honestly, when was it ever?

Sitting down in his classroom to take his final, Donghyuck felt the wave of anxiety he normally feels when he is nervous and it was excessive and noticeable.

"Nothing to worry about. Just take your time and you'll be fine," His professor announced to the class and somehow it made Donghyuck feel a bit better knowing he was not the only one freaking out.

Only, he was freaking out to the extreme because if his parents get a glimpse of his grades and see that they are low, he would get into some big trouble.

Fuck them though. He was sick and tired of them determining his future.

Donghyuck hates school. He does not want to be here.

But he knows he should not drop out because he needs a career and he can not leave Mark to working by himself.

It is just not fair at all.

During his final exam, Donghyuck was biting his nails as he was trying to come up with an answer.

There was no word bank or multiple choice questions. It was a blank written exam and that was what Donghyuck hated the most about these.

The hour class period was done, meaning the exam needed to be turned in right now.

Donghyuck stood up to hand his paper on the desk before collecting his belongings to leave the classroom and head over over to audition in the music, theatre, and dance department auditorium.

His hands were shaky and sweaty as his cheeks were flushed while entering the auditorium.

Donghyuck thought about it.

Did he really want to do this?

Or was he just doing it because he knows it would satisfy everyone around him?

Did Donghyuck really wants to go to school to pursue this career with being a manger for the music aspect of business?

What if he loses his joy for singing because of how tiring it is? Donghyuck loses motivation very easily.

Who the hell cares if he failed his exams either when it was something he never wanted to do?

Donghyuck stood frozen at the door while shaking his head.

No.

He does not want to do it. He does not want to stay in school any longer.

He does not care what his parents say. Donghyuck does not want them to control him forever.

"Donghyuck, you made it!" Dr. Oh smiled as he walked over to the student.

Donghyuck's eyes were staring at his feet as he uttered, "I don't want to do it."

Dr. Oh tilted his head. "Sorry I didn't catch that. What?"

Donghyuck took a deep breath in before looking up at his academic advisor. "I-I don't want to do it."

Dr. Oh was taken aback.

"Donghyuck, it's okay to be nervous but you don't have to qui-"

"No." Donghyuck interrupted.