/Chapter 21/

They arrived at the small reception hall which had been neatly organized by Mark's parents—Donghyuck could tell very well.

They had organized Doyoung and Jaehyun's years ago as well and the set up was familiar to Donghyuck but not in a bad.

Stepping foot into the small building that was filled with people as the base of the music had the tiles vibrating beneath his feet made Donghyuck's heart beat with anxiety.

Was this a reception celebration or a party at the club?

Right now Donghyuck could not tell the difference with the way people were already digging into their meals and drinking their alcohol.

Donghyuck's eyes dropped to his feet, which by the way were killing him right now and what made it worse was the fact that he had forgotten to bring his extra pair of sneakers to change into.

"Are you okay?" Doyoung asked him as Donghyuck's parents went over to get some food.

Donghyuck raised his head to look at his neighbor, Doyoung could see the puffiness in the younger's face.

"I'm okay," Donghyuck fibbed but Doyoung was not going to push him.

"Let's get some food. You must be starving," Doyoung suggested as Donghyuck shook his head.

"I'm not hungry right now," Donghyuck admitted.

How could he eat right now? His stomach was killing him because of the pit of anxiety that would not leave him.

Doyoung only nodded, "okay. I'll go get some food and you find a table to sit."

And Donghyuck agreed.

Pushing through the crowd of people he barely knew, he found an empty table by the doors as he took a seat.

Though, his ears suddenly perked up when he heard a familiar laughter come from the table across the room.

He turned his head to see Mark sitting with Jeno, Renjun, and Jaemin, laughing with his nose scrunched and his hand slapping the table.

Donghyuck admired the beautiful view—it was almost too precious to even watch.

However, he stopped looking when him and Mark met eyes, nervously looking down at his he hands and fiddling with them under the table.

He hoped Mark did not catch him earlier and it was just one of those coincidental stares, but again luck was never on his side.

A chair was pulled beside him, Mark taking a seat comfortably next to Donghyuck—though not too close because he did not want to make the younger uncomfortable.

There was also a plate of food that was set in front of Donghyuck as well as a water bottle.

Donghyuck looked at the meal in front of him, suddenly feeling his stomach growl with hunger.

He did not know what it was, but something about Mark's presence had him at ease.

And so he picked up his chopsticks and began eating as Mark sat there and ate his own food as well, occasionally taking glances at Donghyuck happily munching on his food to which the older cooed internally.

As Donghyuck ate, Mark picked up a piece of chicken with his chopsticks from his plate and put it on top of Donghyuck's.

The younger looked at him quickly before eating the chicken, his cheeks so stuffed with food that made Mark want to poke them so badly.

Mark reached over to open Donghyuck's water bottle and handed it to him, the younger gladly sipping it from time to time to wash him food down.

"Do you want my brownie?" Mark asked the tanned beauty.