Chapter 27: Caught

*Parker's POV*

Since the day I took Bailey to the reservoir, nearly a month had passed. Today, I awoke on time, eager for the day ahead of me, though my sleep was rather restless. My two courses will consist of tests encompassing everything I have taught them during the semester. My first group will be a verbal test, and the second will be strictly on paper; they'll need to give me written and visual examples explaining each answer. I'll give them their results the next time we meet and let my students know to use them as a study guide for the final exam. Before that day, we will finish the midterm project; then, the semester will be over a few days after.

After fixing my bed and gathering my clothing, I proceeded toward the bathroom to brush my teeth and shower. Once finishing with my morning routine, I got dressed and double-checked that I had everything before I left my bedroom. I could smell breakfast being cooked, and I couldn't stop the smile forming on my lips, knowing Bailey was awake. The closer I got to the kitchen, the more I noticed music playing in the background, though it was faint.

As soon as I entered, the sight before me was absolutely breathtaking. Bailey was dancing and swaying her hips along to the music while putting the finishing touches on whatever she was cooking. Seeing her in such high spirits was another amazing moment to catch, and I just had to mess around with her. With a cheerful voice, I said, "Well, good morning, Bailey!"

"Oh-sun-of-a-biscuit! Parker, hey! Uh, good morning to you too," Bailey said, trying to calm herself while thinking of what to say. She quickly grabbed her phone, turned the music off, and faced me, "So, like... how long have you been there?"

"Let's just say... long enough to know you dance very well and are quite the multitasker," I jested, and her face grew as red as the strawberries on the counter next to her.

My student changed the subject, "How did you sleep?"

"Very well, thank you, and how about you? You seem to be having a busy morning," I returned, pointing to the food behind her.

"Oh, I slept soundly and got an early start today, and since we have an important test," She winked and continued, "I wanted to get enough time to study and cook breakfast before we had to leave." Bailey paused, plated the edible contents, and on the way to place the food on the table, she added, "You've been making us breakfast lately, so I wanted to return the favor. It's only fair, wouldn't you agree, Professor Avery?"

I love when we banter like this.

"As always, you make a valid point, Ms. Adams," I said, playfully bowed, and continued, "Thank you for your generous hospitality and such wise words of wisdom."

Her snort that erupted into a fit of giggles was music to my ears.

We ate breakfast for the next thirty minutes, cleaned our mess, and departed for the university together. Since we had classes on the same days at almost the same times, too, it was a no-brainer that we'd go and come back with each other. Even when I stayed later for my tutoring session, Bailey happily remained; it was still something we liked to do, but I was also her ride home. I asked her about it once; she assured me she wouldn't want to be anywhere else, and I told her I understood how she felt.

As I parked the car, Bailey looked at me with a smile and said, "I still can't believe how different you look with your hair down and your tattoos covered... Don't get me wrong; I like it... It feels like I know this deep, dark secret that no one else could ever imagine."

I chuckled, replying, "So, me looking like this isn't all bad then?"

"Oh, not at all; you're just as beautiful as ever."