Chapter 36: Final

*Parker's POV*

Suddenly, my eyes snapped open with the overwhelming sensation that I was somehow running late. I felt frantic as I glanced over at the alarm clock on the night table and soon realized I had no business being awake whatsoever. Shit... why did I wake up so early today, especially when I was sleeping so soundly while having a great dream? I still have at least five more hours that I can sleep before I actually need to get up. I really hope I can fall back asleep soon.

At that moment, I figured the best thing I could do was lovingly observe the fantastic woman in my arms as she continued to sleep peacefully. Bailey's the most beautiful thing in this world. I'm so happy everything turned out the way it did, and she isn't getting abused anymore. No one deserves that. I never received tender moments such as holding someone I care so deeply about like this when I was with Brooklynn. I'll never get tired of knowing Bailey is safe and protected with me.

A sudden knock at my bedroom door caused me to look up from the sleeping beauty in my arms, and I saw my best friend carefully enter. In a soft tone, she said, "I have to leave way earlier than I expected, so Devin is on her way to get me... How's everything going with you and Bailey?"

I couldn't do anything but genuinely smile.

Shay smirked when she saw my joyful face; nothing really needed to be said or commented on. We both understand one another very well. She sat on my chair by the table I usually worked on and chuckled, "I'm so happy for you both... I mean, honestly, you two are made for each other."

"Thank you, Shay, and... don't worry," I stated, causing her to look at me a little confused, and before she could say anything, I continued my intended thought, "You'll be with Devin soon enough."

I couldn't believe it was possible, but Shay released the most silent yet dramatic sigh ever while slumping back into the chair and slowly sliding off it simultaneously. I had to stop myself from literally laughing out loud, but I still chuckled at her craziness, nevertheless. Once Shay composed herself and readjusted back into a relative sitting position, she added, "She's perfect, huh?"

"Bailey? Yes, of course," I said with my very own smirk, causing my best friend to shake her head while smiling. I knew she was speaking of Devin, but she left herself wide open with how she worded it. I couldn't help myself, haha.

"You know very well I was speaking of Devin, Park, you butthead," Shay commented, and I chuckled.

"Butthead... Me?" I questioned.

"Yes, that's what you are." She retorted and confirmed before quickly adding, "Devin should be here now. I love you, and tell Bails that I love her too," Shay finished as she got out of the chair and walked toward my bedroom door.

"Be safe, Shay. We love you too and will see you later tonight," I replied to my best friend as I watched her give me one last grin before she was entirely out of my view.

Now that I wasn't distracted, I could return my focus to Bailey. She must be having a great dream if she's smiling and still asleep. I couldn't help myself from lifting my hand to start tracing the outline of her face and slowly down her jaw. As soon as I reached her chin, I proceeded to graze her bottom lip softly. It seemed that action caused her to wake as she fluttered her eyes open a bit, though she looked at me with only half-lidded eyes.

With that beautiful smile still on her face, she spoke to me, "You're awake? Isn't it like way too early for us to be up?"

"Yeah, it is. I don't know why I woke up and felt so restless. My body wants nothing more than to be in slumberland," I responded honestly.