Chapter 48: Happy

*Bailey's POV*

The sound of constant ringing filled my ears, but I was too content, too comfortable to move and find my phone. I squinted my eyes open and saw a beautifully bare Parker fully draped over me with her red hair flowing freely. I smiled at the perfect sight and took a moment to realize how unbelievably happy I felt. It's all because of you, angel. I kissed the top of my girlfriend's head, snuggled her more firmly, and closed my eyes, ready to succumb to sleep.

When my phone rang again, it startled me awake; I felt my heart beating faster.

I carefully adjusted myself to ensure my girlfriend rested peacefully before I began looking for the device. I finally located it, realizing somehow, it fell on the floor last night. I was glad to see the charging cable was still plugged in. I removed the cord from my phone, looked at the screen, and laughed, covering my mouth quickly. I'm glad my video is off, and she can't see me right now; it would be rather inappropriate, haha.

Shay was Facetiming me.

I turned, facing Parker, and made sure she didn't wake up from my small outburst. She still rested so peacefully that I was almost transfixed on her, that is, until another ring went through, grabbing my attention again. When I glanced back at the screen, Shay's dramatic, silly face stared back at me, and I shook my head at her theatrics. I quickly made sure I was lying back down, decent, and fully covered before answering her video call.

"OH MAH GAWD!!!!" Shouted Shay melodramatically, "How many times do I have to call for one of you to answer?! I've been trying all morning, and it seems Park's phone is completely dead. One can only surmise you two have been rather... busy... or something..." By the time she finished speaking, she was squinting her eyes at me, and I could tell she was being playful.

Such a goofball, that one.

Before I could reply, I was already blushing furiously at her guess, and I noticed how she really looked at me. Her eyes went from looking into mine and down to my neck. She took a few seconds to look at what I'd imagine were the many hickeys and love bites my girlfriend so lovingly gave me. Once she was done with me, she landed on the part of Parker's tattooed upper back that wasn't covered by the blanket anymore. I know I left visible signs of our lovemaking on her, just as she did with me... just thinking about everything we did, even if it was for a few seconds, my body is already on fire, yearning for us to repeat everything over, and over, and over...

"YOU TWO LOVE BIRDS FINALLY SEALED THE DEAL, HAVEN'T YOU?!" Shay practically screamed through the phone so loudly that I could barely hear her clearly, but... I knew what she said. Nevertheless, her face said everything.

All I could do was nod, smile, and continue to blush immensely; my words were not ready to be verbalized. Not yet, anyway.

"I'm really happy for both of you, Bails..." Shay replied and seemed to understand my silence... that I wasn't quite ready to say the words to anyone else but Parker herself. I watched her expression change, and then, with a more serious tone, she revealed, "All jokes aside... I wanted to ask you something that had crossed my mind since you guys left."

"Of course, what's up?" I responded curiously, giving her all of my attention.

"Obviously, don't give me the sex details, but I do want to know something... I know what you were put through when you were with your ex... I was worried that if you and Parker were getting intimate, it might trigger you... I guess what I'm asking is... did it? Like... are you okay?" Shay sincerely asked.

I thought it was so damn kind of her to worry about my well-being with such a critical moment shared between two people.

"Honestly, not for one second... Parker was... is..." I started saying, focusing my sight on nothing in particular, but... I couldn't quite find the right words, and thinking about how she made love to me last night caused me to blush like crazy again. When my eyes met Shay's, she patiently waited with a smirk plain as day stretched across her face.