Chapter 30: Museum

*Bailey's POV*

I woke the next day feeling great, which I wasn't expecting at all. I assumed after how much alcohol I had consumed the night before, I would be puking my guts up right about now, but... I wasn't. And no hangover or headaches either, huh? Wow. Parker really took such good care of me. Today was the last day before our Christmas break, and I was excited to spend the Christmas holiday with people who love me, but... not only that, I was just as eager for what was in store during our class period today; the museum visit.

I got out of my bed, fixed it, and searched for the clothes I wanted to wear. Then, I proceeded to the restroom in order to shower and start getting myself ready for the day. After I brushed my teeth, I hopped into the shower and happily let my mind wander. I couldn't stop my smile from forming at the thought of a few specific beautiful moments that I would never forget.

Right after Shay had completely passed out, Parker and I helped her onto the couch, wrapping her up in a few blankets. We were both still reasonably buzzed, so our movements were slightly slowed and staggered at times, but it didn't stop us from completing our tasks. Parker told me to get the bottle of Ibuprofen while she went into the kitchen to get a few bottles of water. When we returned, we placed everything on the coffee table, and Parker took out a few pills for each of us, including her best friend. Shay got utterly shit-faced, and I was honestly worried that she'd have a pretty lousy hangover tomorrow.

Parker and I walked to my bedroom together, and she told me to get myself comfortable and start drinking some water. I happily did as she asked while she left the room to give me some privacy. When I was done, I propped myself on my bed, adjusting the pillows so I could sit upright but lean back. After nearly ten minutes had passed, I started wondering if Parker would return like I hoped she would. So, while I waited, I turned on my Roku television, loaded YouTube, and began watching a compilation of funny animal videos to pass the time. Not only do I love all manner of creatures, but laughing has become one of my favorite things to do, well... besides being around Parker, of course.

Once the first twenty-minute video ended, a knock came at my door, and entering was my teacher with a tray of food. She set the contents in an empty space on my table and held a plate in both of her hands. I smiled while motioning for her to sit with me, so we could eat and watch the following funny video together. I was more than content to hear her beautiful laughter again, and I hoped that if the night permitted it so, we could continue where we left off a little bit ago and complete our kiss. As I pressed play, I glanced at the food Parker had cooked for us, a fried egg sandwich with a banana on the side. Even though she and I had something small before we started drinking, I hadn't realized how hungry I actually was, so I eagerly dug right in.

By the time the video was finished, we had finished our food and the entire bottle of water we both had as well. I was so relaxed and comfortable having Parker next to me; it felt surreal, and I loved it. When I glanced at her again, it looked like she had the hardest time staying awake. So I tenderly turned her face to mine and told her it was okay to fall asleep. She smiled so sleepily it caused me to grin like a child about to open a present. Then she rested her head on my shoulder and got comfortable. My heart swelled at the sight; I covered both of us with my blanket and turned off the television. I wanted nothing more than to fall asleep alongside such a perfect woman, and before I closed my eyes, I kissed her forehead, telling her to sleep well.

The sound of my text notification going off brought me back to reality, and I realized how lost in thought I got. I hadn't thoroughly showered and, instead, was just standing under the warm water, letting it cascade down my body soothingly. I chuckled to myself, opened the shower curtain, and peeked at my phone to see who had messaged me; it was Shay. I'll respond to her when I'm done. I spent the next forty minutes actually showering and getting myself dressed.