Chapter 5

Yn stared at him with her mouth apart as her eyes travelled from the red gashes on his neck to the bags underneath his eyes. From the marks on his neck it looked like someone had tried to choke him. Not to mention how pale he looked.

"Yeonjun, what happened to you?" She asks examining his wounds.

"Nothing. Soccer practice. No biggie, I'm fine." He replies in a single breath, not looking at her.

"You look like someone tried to choke you." Yn says, hoping he would tell her the truth but that didn't happen.

"Let it go, yn. It's nothing. Come on; let's get your schedule." He says and she nods, still looking at the mark on his neck.

"Where's Jake?" She asks after a few minutes of uncomfortable silence.

"Oh, his class starts a bit early." Yn replies but still doesn't look at her.

Upon reaching the office Yeonju's  phone began to ring and he cursed.

"I'm sorry ynnie but can you take of everything from here. I have to take care of some things." He says and yn  just nods.

She can take care of herself.

"Great. I'll find you later." He says before rushing away and yn just looks at his vanishing figure.

She takes a deep breath before entering the small office which consists of a plant at the corner of the room and two chairs in front of a desk behind which a lady not more than her thirties remains seated, smiling at her.

"May I help you?" She asks yn, bringing her attention to the lady.

"Yes Please. I am the new student, yn--"she says and the lady cuts me off.

"Oh, of course. Welcome! I forgot we were having a new student. Please wait a moment will get your schedule."

The lady starts typing on the laptop in front of her leaving her to continue examining the room.

Yn walked towards the plant while waiting for the lady to be done when she noticed how dry it was. It was welting and without a second thought, yn took out the bottle of water from her bag, emptying its contents in the pot.

Yn looked at the lady who was struggling with the printer when suddenly she got up.

"I am sorry but there has been an issue. I'll be right back." She says and rushes out of the office closing the door behind her, with a slam.

Yn sighs and goes to sit on one of the chairs, waiting for the lady to come quickly when suddenly she hears the wiggling of the door knob and the door bursts open.

She looks at the person and her eyes widen a bit.

There stood the scary person her step brothers had claimed to be the doctor, Jeon Jungkook. He was wearing a suit which fitted him perfectly but nonetheless, he still looked scary.

What was he doing here? Wasn't he a doctor?

He notices her and suddenly fills with warmth.

"Good Morning." He says softly, slightly smiling.

"Morning." Yn replies looking at the floor. She hears footsteps approaching her and soon the scraping of the chair beside her. She looks up slightly to see him seated comfortably beside her.

"So how are you feeling? Does your head hurt?" He asks and she shakes her head. "I'm fine." She replies praying the lady would come soon.

"So what do you think of Fircrest so far?" He says inching a bit closer.

"It's okay." She replies not making an effort to keep up with his attempts to make small talk but then curiosity did get the best of her.

"Aren't you a doctor?" She finally asks after a few minutes of silence.