Chapter 40

The next few days passed in a blur. People barely slept and skipped meals to prepare for the war on their heads. There was ammo everywhere with fighting gears and equipment. True to his word Jungkook had evacuated every single child and adult who was incapable of fighting to a safety bunker out of the premises.

There were times when Yn thought of handing herself over but then she didn't want to be a coward and go down without a fight. Yes, she was going to be fighting alongside the werewolves, not literally but she was going to stay by their sides.

Jake was sent with the children and seniors to protect them in case a mishap did occur but Yeonjun was there, which made it better.

In a few hours all of them were going to be fighting for their lives, in a few hours they were going to decide their fate, in a few hours it would be New Year.

Time had flown so quickly that she couldn't even comprehend what was going on. The only thing she was sure of was staying by Jungkook's side as he fought, as he ate, as he did anything, they were together and it felt like bliss. Yn looked at herself in the full length mirror. She was clad in black her hair tied in a tight bun so they wouldn't fall on her face. She could see the mark on her neck in its glory and smiled.

No matter what happened today she was going to stay strong and stay by JUNGKOOK'S side in life and in death. She glared at herself trying to look intimidating as she walked down patting the dagger in her pocket, one which Jungkook had forced her to keep with her.

Yn looked at the time it was one in the afternoon. Jungkook was already downstairs reviewing the plan when Yn came.

"You are going to stay by the north and no matter what happens don't move your position. Yong-guk will go on full round attack. You two I want you to be on the East and West side of the pack. Same goes for you. Don't move from your positions. Jungkook said, pointing one by one to the three groups that stood in front of him in a large mass.

He then turned to the fourth group.

"I want you guys to stay as close to the pack house as possible. Even though I'll make sure they don't get a chance to come near the pack house, if they do make sure they do not enter." Jungkook said and they nodded.

"Take your positions!" Jungkook said loudly and everyone left. Jungkook exhaled a deep breath and Yn hugged his side.

"We'll get through this." Yn said and Jungkook smiled at her. "I know." Jungkook said and wrapped his arm around her side.

"But Yn, I want you to listen very carefully. Yong-guk is going to give all he's got so just in case I don't make it, just in case, I want you to run as fast as you can. Get away and forget about me, about everything. Live your life and be free." Jungkook said and tears filled Yn's eyes.

"I refuse to run away from a war that my people are fighting for Jungkook. I may not be a werewolf but these people are my people and no matter what you say I will not leave your side, if you live I live, if you die I die. Together forever, Koo. In life and death." Yn said.

They had worked too hard and she was not going to snitch.

Yn cupped her face in his hands and connected their lips together.

"I love you." He said and Yn smiled. "I love you too." She said,

They intertwined their fingers together and made their way outside to the clearing where their pack members were standing aligned as planned.

At the roof and balconies surrounding the house were the pack members holding rifles, and archery equipment.

Jungkook was going to be leading the main fight with 400 of his warriors behind him.

No one had shifted yet, it was decided that they were going to use their ammo first and shift when they really needed to.

Everyone looked determined, clad in black from head to toe as they looked at Jungkook who marched to the front with Yn.

He then faced the crowd of hundreds.