Chapter one

Sophie Foster's POV

"Sophie, what's wrong? Shouldn't we be out of the void by now?"

Biana sounded a little shaken up. She gripped Tam's hand nervously. I was trying to hold onto an image to teleport me and all my friends out of the void, but nothing was working.

Images flashed through my mind, places to try and get too.

Foxfire.

San Diego.

Havenfield, where we'd just come from.

Candleshade.

But I couldn't concentrate long enough on each place. A blue breeze from Keefe washed through my mind, temporarily calming me. 

"You okay Foster?"

I nodded. Images of a single place were appearing in my mind. I'd never been there before. 

A rock climbing wall spewing lava.

Strawberry fields.

A large country-style mansion.

Kids in orange t-shirts milling around outside cabins or canoeing in a lake.

My mind locked in on the place, even though I'd never been there before. It felt like it was pulling me in somehow. I tightened my grip on my friends and focused on the camp. The void split open with a crack and we tumbled out, into the middle of the camp.

Immediately, campers in orange shirts and armor surrounded us, wielding swords and spears.

Before they could attack us, a man in a wheel chair rolled up, shouting orders in an ancient language that took my polyglot side a few seconds to recognize.

He was speaking ancient greek.

A/N: Sorry for the short-ish chapter, future ones will be longer.