Double Birthday

Info - pregnant reader, trying to stop birth, worried about child's reaction, mention of sex

I was giddy as I set up Emma's birthday. Our first born was the most like me of mine and Timothée's Children. The twins Edmund and Eves were just like their father. Both boys had fake rapper names, while also being very involved in their school theater. They were a goofy duo. Then there was Elodie who was like the wise side of Timmy, contemplative, smart, with a thirst for new experiences and information. It was adorable how high she held her father's advice. He was helping her perfect her screen play. Finally, little Estrella was in my stomach.

Emma was turning twelve and she was reading obsessed. We were having an Alice in Wonderland party. I had been reading that book to her since she was little and she'd come to love it like I did. Our house looked like a little Wonderland, complete with cardboard cut outs, large plastic mushrooms and black lights.

"How do I look?" Asked Timothée. He was the Cheshire Cat. His suite was tight and stripped. He wore cat like contacts, had a tail the nearly dragged on the ground, and cat ears on his head.

"Okay, it might be pregnancy hormones but you may want to wear that into the bedroom tonight," I said with a blush.

"Oh yeah bunny rabbit?" He cooed, flicking my white bunny ears. I wore a waist coat and had an oversized pocket watch.

"Don't tease, we've got to get ready," I said.

"Just one kiss?" He asked me.

"Oh okay," I sighed and leaned into him. My belly was too big to go head on. He held my jaw as he kissed me.

"Don't you remember what I asked for," I heard an angry voice. Timothée and I turned to Emma. She wore a blue dress and white apron. She also wore a blonde wig because her hair was dark like her father's and she had white tights and black shoes.

"No kisses between mom and dad," I recited solemnly.

"Ah, ah, it specifically said when guests were here. Guests aren't here," Timothée reminded us.

The doorbell rang. Emma looked at her father triumphantly.

"Fine, you look lovely ma fleur," he smiled.

" Comportez-vous s'il vous plaît," she said dryly.

" Tu l'as préadolescent," he chuckled.

I went to the door and told her friends to follow the white rabbit. First we played a game of charades that was Alice in Wonderland themed. We played a trivia game, and then they were invited to the mad tea party and that's when I felt it.

"Timothée, I need the bathroom bad, can you serve the food?" I asked urgently.

"Yeah, you got it," he said with concern.

I tried to get myself together because I really wanted to see the routine Eves and Edmund had put together as tweedle dee and tweedle dumb for their sister. I couldn't though, my water broke and the contractions were coming fast.

"No, no, no," I wailed and I had to text Timmy. He was racing in there and holding my hands.

"I can't do this to Emma. She'll be so mad," I wailed. I was crying, much more concerned about Emma than myself.

"Baby, you can't stop a birth, it isn't healthy," he said. "I need to get you to the hospital."

"No, bring her to me first," I begged.

"Okay, but then you have to let me take you," he said.

"Okay," I breathed. I was impressed with how much more confident and calm Timothée was on child number five. I wouldn't have even have been able to reason with him if this was say my second pregnancy.

"Mommy?" Emma said, coming into the bathroom. She hadn't called me that in a while.

"Papa said you're in pain," she said worriedly.

"I'm so sorry baby, I didn't want this," I sobbed and wiped away my tears. I made a fist as another contraction ripped through me.

"Mom," she said in fear.

"I-I'm in labor, I'm so sorry, your party was going to be so special. I didn't want to ruin your day," I said, and held her hand.

"Mommy, the twins share a birthday and they're fine, I want you to be safe and Estrella," she said earnestly.

"Come here you angel girl," I said and hugged her tightly.

"You're so sweet and beautiful and mature," I smiled.

Timothée took me to the hospital, asking Pauline to come watch the party. I tried to tell her instructions on the way through contractions until Emma stole the phone from her aunt and told me to just focus on myself.

I had the baby pretty soon after we got to the hospital. Timothée was my knight in shining armor as he praised me through pushing. The next day I told Timmy I wanted Emma to meet Estrella on her own first, so he got her.

"Here's the birthday girl," Timmy said as Emma came in with a hesitant smile.

"Hi," she said with a little wave.

"Want to hold your baby sister?" I asked her. She nodded eagerly. Emma looked at her sister in wonderment.

"She's so pretty," she said, touching her curly hair. "Our eyes look the same."

"We decided." I said, looking at Timothée. "That you can pick her middle name."

"Wait really?" She asked excitedly.

"Yeah, you can pick," I nodded. She looked at her sister for a long time. She played with her little fingers.

"Alice," she said with a smile.

"Perfect, Estrella Alice Chalamet," Timothée smiled and kissed his eldest on the top of his oldest's head. In the end, Emma and Estrella were very close and never worried about their shared birthday. Estrella looked up to Emma very much and loved to hear the story of her birth told by her sister.