I Will Survive

Info - selfish Timmy, toxic relationship, bad break up, song fic, angst, mention of sex

I heard a knock on my door. I wasn't expecting anyone. I looked through the peep hole and saw a familiar figure who was pacing. I opened the door and saw Timothée.

"Y/n!" He gasped. He looked like a starving man had finally seen a meal.

How many times had I wished for this? I'd imagined throwing my arms around him, forgiving him with kisses and love. I'd imagined us both sobbing as tore off one another's clothing and then made passionate love on my floor.

"Timothée," my voice was harsher than I expected.

"Mon amour-"

"Don't, I don't want to hear that," I said and his face fell.

"Y-you told me you missed me. You texted me so often," he gulped.

"Did you text back? Nope, you said it was over, left me at the restaurant sobbing, and ghosted me."

"I-I'm more mature now," he promised.

"I don't think you are, the fact that you called me Mon amour proves you're not."

"What do you mean?" He pleaded. "I'm not mature because I realized I love you and want you back."

"You were trying to manipulate me with a pet name you know I love. You thought I'd swoon and fall into your arms. You let me shatter that day, all alone, acting like you had no responsibility. I survived and you don't get to ruin that."

"I love you."

"You love yourself."

"Y/n," he sobbed.

"I should've made you leave your key," I shook my head sadly, because I saw him easing it out of his pocket.

"Turn around, you're not welcome anymore."