Insulin

Info - reader with diabetes, reader feeling weak

"I hate this can you change me into a different person so I don't have to fucking do this ever again," I complained grumpily.

"If I changed you, you wouldn't be my sunbeam who I adore," Timothée said and chucked me under the chin. "You know I'm willing to do it for you forever."

"I know but I just don't like it," I sniffed as he prepared the needle.

"Can you maybe explain why a little baby, so I can help you think about it differently," he asked me.

I was silent for a long while. I tried to put my feelings into simple terms.

"I-I could never be a heroine," I sighed.

"What?"

"I could never be someone in one of the books I read. I couldn't fight demons, or survive a zombie apocalypse, or anything. It makes me weak. Throw me in the Hunger Games and I'm gone not because I get murdered but because I rely on insulin," I cried throwing my hands in the air.

"Darling," he said and hugged me tight.

"You can't use that to decide if you're strong. Those are wild circumstances that many people couldn't withstand."

"I guess," I mumbled.

"Do you think of me as strong?"

"Of course Timmy," I said earnestly.

"Okay well you throw my skinny ass in the hunger games and I'm gone day one," he grinned and I couldn't help but laugh.

"See, it's a dumb way to think about it," he said and kissed my cheek.

I lifted my shirt so he could swab my skin. He pushed the shot into my side. He cleaned me up and pulled me to the couch to cuddle.

"Thanks Timmy," I sighed and snuggled closer.