37%

July 2015

July 2015

I attempt to apply a few layers of mascara to my eyelashes, but Reign's driving makes it kind of difficult to complete.

I grunt in frustration as I drop the mascara wand in my lap for the fifth time. "Can you stop swerving this bitch for five minutes, Reign?"

"I'm trying to get us to this concert on time but the assholes on the road wanna play and drive 3 miles per hour. I don't have the time or the patience." She says as she switches lanes again.

Skyla takes the mascara wand from me and turns my head to face her in the backseat. "If you weren't high right now you would be able to get us there yourself." She chuckles as she applies the layers of mascara for me.

"But I'm not high." I deny.

"Your eyes are bloodshot," Skyla laughs.

"Concerts are better when you're seeing shit." I blink the eye she just finished a couple of times. "Yo, this is a Future concert, right? I checked the time of his tour date for Miami and it says he doesn't perform 'til tomorrow?"

"Yeah. Yeah. The concerts tonight I'm sure. He posted on his Insta saying the sites fucked up and he'll be there tonight instead of tomorrow." Reign answers.

"Okay..." I drag on, as I take the mascara tube back. "So why is Sky coming? I thought she hated Future?"

"I've never said that!"

"Why are you lying?" I laugh. There have been countless times when she's turned the radio off because Future was playing. "You change the station every time one of his songs is on."

"That still doesn't count as me saying I didn't like Future. Besides," She leans forward and places her hands on both Reign's and I's shoulders. "Regardless of who's performing, I'm here to enjoy a girls' night out with my two besties. That's all that matters, right?"

"Right." Reign smiles and agrees.

I suck my teeth. "Yeah, whatever. I swear if he calls you on stage, I'm whopping everybody's ass."

𓆩♡𓆪

I yawn as we've been standing in line for almost an hour now.

The arena we're at is packed and everyone's trying to get passed the security guards who are wasting time by trying to start small talk with the people they check.

Reign and Skyla are taking pictures for Snapchat to kill time. I was into it at first, but once they kept wanting to retake the same pic over and over I decided I didn't wanna be in it anymore.

"Bro, I'm sooo excited to see him!" The guy in front of me says. "Can't believe I scored us backstage passes! And they were only like fifty bucks!"

"Lucky," I mutter.

The guy and his friend turn around at the sound of my voice.

My eyes widen. I didn't even know they would be able to hear me as loud as this line is.

"What was that?" The second guy says.

"Oh, I was just saying the two of you were lucky. Backstage passes for only fifty dollars? That's a steal."

"She gets it." The first guy says nodding towards me. "I'm surprised you even know who he is. Not many girls listen to him because he's so underrated and shit."

"Right! I swear females hate on him because he's not as big as Drake or whatever, but give him a few more releases and he'll be on Billboard in no time."

"Yo, not even gon hold you, you seem cool. You should hang with us."

I shove my hands in my pockets. "Nah, I'm here with some friends tonight." I nudge my head towards the girls sticking out their tongues while holding up their middle fingers to the camera.

The guys laugh. "Still can't believe a girl like you knows an artist like this."

I chuckle lightly, in a sort of confused way. "Future isn't that underground. His music isn't as desecrate as you're trying to make it sound."

The boys share a confused glance. "Future?" One of them says looking at me.

"Yeah..." I look back at Skyla and Reign who assured me this was a Future concert.

"Doesn't he perform tomorrow?"

"That's what I thought too, but my friend said that he posted on Instagram that his site was down and he'd be on tonight instead."

The boys look at each other then me again. "Check real quick." The first guy says to his friend who quickly pulls out his phone.

The one with the phone starts slowly shaking his head before he lets out a "Nahhh." He hands me his phone and lets me go through his story myself. "Doesn't say anything about a show tonight."

"What..?" I say in disbelief. "So, who's show is this?"

The first guy smiles. "Don't worry, you didn't waste your money. The guy playing tonight is a really good performer. He keeps the crowd entertained and even—"

Before he can finish his sentence, the people behind us begin to scream and cheer.

When I turn around, I'm met face to face with the performer of tonight's show.

He stares at me with a dark stare that doesn't look like it's gonna form a smile anytime soon.

I want to say something, but my lips are stuck together. They won't move.

So, we stare at each other. Stare into each other's eyes for about thirty seconds until he decides to wrap his hand around my neck.

He isn't choking me. Just placing his hand on my neck, almost as if he's resting it there.

I try to fight against the feeling of wanting to melt into the touch of his warm hands.

The crowd cheers even louder at this gesture but it's almost like he's ignoring them; focusing on nothing but my eyes.

Suddenly, he lets go of my neck and walks off in silence. The same face and look he had when staring at me is still there.

The guys in front of me are jaw-dropped. Skyla and Reign have their hands over their mouths. And I'm on the verge of collapsing.

"X just eye-fucked the shit out of you." One of the guys in front of me gasps as he runs his hand through his hair in disbelief.

"Charisma." Skyla says placing her hand on my hand.

My heart is pounding so fast, it feels like it's about to burst out of my chest. "I don't know why he did that," I breathe out. "But it was sexy as hell. Can't even be mad at him."