chapter twenty three

How do I explain this feeling?

☆ ☆ ☆

Harry Styles

Harry Styles

I was at Niall's for at least another two hours, listening to the words he had written recently, as well as just catching up like old friends. Sully raids his cupboard about fifty times within those hours and his music is a slight distraction from my incessant worrying over Binx.

Though our time together is cut short when a phone call from the school is ringing out through Niall's living room, Sully being the first to react, nearly jumping out of his skin at the noise.

It was only then that the anxiety was reinfected into my blood. I had been distracted for nearly two whole hours, barely having time to worry over Binx, barely having time to think anything of it. Of course I casted my mind to her, but I had other things that were happening right in front of me.

Music was the remedy. It had always been the cure for many things.

But the phone ringing snapped me out of that hazy cloud where I had been so distracted, and the anxiety was sent straight back into my system.

They had told me they would update me throughout the day, but somehow this just didn't feel like an update. I don't know why but seeing the schools number on my phone just filled me with so much dread.

I knew she shouldn't have gone. I know it'd be too much. She wasn't ready, she had just thrown herself in at the deep end without thinking any of this through.

She just wanted to get back to school, she didn't once stop to think about how this could actually affect her.

"Answer it" Niall encourages me, looking down at my phone with eyes of concern, he sets his guitar down on the floor and takes Sully out of my arms to answer it. Truth be told, I didn't want to answer it, because I didn't want to hear what they were going to say. I didn't want to hear how she's cried and cried, I didn't want to hear how she's fallen over and wants her mum, I didn't want to hear anything of the sorts.

"I.." I stare down at the phone, my muscles unmoving until it eventually stops ringing.

I was a world class idiot, that was for sure. A fool without his head screwed on.

"Harry" Niall looks up at me in surprise, a crease in his brow as he questions my actions, or lack of.

The scary part was that I didn't even know what I was doing. I acted upon impulse and my impulse was to just freeze up. It was truly frustrating.