chapter thirty five

In the middle of my chaos, there was you.

☆ ☆ ☆

Harry Styles

Harry Styles

Arwen and I watched the stars, as promised. I took her out of town, into the countryside to find the perfect spot for stargazing. Neither of us had much of a clue of what we were looking for or the constellations that were sparkling above us. We were just looking for the brightest star and hoping to spy a shooting star.

We started the night just tucked away in the safety of my car, sharing quiet words as we looked out of the windscreen, trying to make our whatever stars were up there, but eventually as the evening dragged on, we found ourselves sitting in the boot of the car, the two of us snuggled up next to one another, using one of Sully's blankets as a source of warmth on this cold night.

Arwen was looking up at the stars for the majority of the night, trying to spot a shooting star before I do. She had made it her little competition, but she was bound to win when I wasn't even looking up at the twinkling stars above me. I was looking at the twinkling stars in her eyes.

I was down bad for this woman. The whole night I barely took my eyes off her. Occasionally I'd have to look up at the stars to pretend I was deep in thought, looking up at the world above me every time she'd flick her eyes over at me. I was trying not to get caught out but it seems I wasn't as smooth as I thought I was.

She must've been able to feel my eyes burning into her for the majority of the night. I wasn't very good at hiding anything. So when she had eventually caught me out, she had teased me a little and laughed, claiming that I was missing all of the beauty of the stars.

She had no idea I was looking at the beauty of all of the stars this whole time. She'd never believe it if I told her though, she couldn't never accept a compliment.

The night drew in when it started to rain. The sudden freezing downpour making us gasp and squeal as the droplet hit our skin. Perhaps an outside date in January was not night such a great idea, I realised that as we rushed into the car, the both of us soaked with the sudden gush of water that came from the sky.

"I didn't think it was going to rain" Arwen let's put a breathy giggle, looking down at her wet clothes that didn't seem to both her that much.

"Let's get you home, yeah? I think you need a nice warm bath and maybe a glass of wine" I recommend to her as I drive away from the field we had situated ourselves in.

Now we had left and the distractions weren't serving their purpose anymore, my mind wasn't preoccupied with stars and pretty girls, I was in a rush to get home. The second I was back behind the wheel, it suddenly became a race against time to get back home to my kids. I just wanted to be home, I wanted to see my kids, I needed to see that they were okay and hold them in my arms.