chapter forty one

What is grief, if not love persevering?

☆ ☆ ☆

Harry Styles

Harry Styles

The days came and went, time seemed to be running away from me and before I knew it, I'd be planning Binx's fifth birthday party. It wasn't far now, just a few weeks away and my baby will be turning five.

Time is a myth I swear. It was just constantly a case of watching time whizz past, watching the kids grow up and watching the months pass on.

It was late June now which meant it wouldn't be long until Binx was off for the summer and we had a whole six weeks with the kids. I truly did miss her when she went off to school, it felt like a little piece of me was missing.

Arwen had recently brought up the topic of Sully starting nursery and that is where I drew the line. I swear my heart actually shattered into tiny pieces when she asked how I felt about it. He was still too little for me to properly think about it, once he was two in just about six months time, I'd revisit the thought, but right now it was a solid no.

He was still my tiny baby, I couldn't ship him off to nursery. It was a little different when it came to school, because with school I had no choice, I had to send Binx to school whether I wanted to or not. I had even considered home schooling her for a little while, but I eventually realised that I didn't think I could pursue it or teach her enough to go far in life.

Though maybe I had a better chance with Sully, maybe I'd be a little stronger by then to teach him all he needs to know in life. But at the moment he was far too young for me to even think about it.

Both of them just seemed to be growing up in the blink of an eye. Every day they'd come alone and show me something new they had learnt, like Binx's favourite thing at the moment was to show me cartwheels in the living room or how she could jump from sofa to sofa like a little monkey. Though that was something that I very quickly had to put a stop to as it was getting a little out of hand and Sully was starting to copy his big sister doing circus tricks all over the house.

The two of them were both little daredevils but I'm not entirely sure where they got that streak from. Jazz definitely was not a daredevil and I was filled with more anxiety than daringness.

Sully's new favourite trick was to just stuff everything in his mouth like he was a seven month old baby all over again. Though I'd say that he just done it to make me panic, because every time I shouted out no, he let out the most gorgeous little giggle, like he had planned it all along.

He was also becoming a lot more vocal, trying to talk in proper sentences now rather than just sticking to one word. He looked at me very seriously the other day and said 'dada Boo now please' and I think that was quite possibly the longest string of words he had ever said.