chapter forty two

The rainbow after the storm.

☆ ☆ ☆

Harry Styles

Harry Styles

Binx's birthday soon came and went, having a little five year old in the house seemed to exhaust us all but she was slowly becoming her own little person with her own personality and characteristics, she was brilliant to just sit and watch. I had said to Arwen before how I would just love to see the world from her eyes for a day

The summer brought a whole bundle of sunshine and bright days, Arwen had taken some time off of work so we could go away on a little holiday, just the four of us down to the coast for a week, though of course in true British fashion, it rained the entire time, but we didn't let that stop us.

Sully was becoming a little character too, and I feared that the terrible two's were creeping up on us four months early. His favourite word at the moment was 'no' which hadn't been particularly fun recently but I knew it was due at some point.

The both of them were growing up far much quicker than I'd ever like them to, both suddenly being so much taller and mature all of a sudden, it made me question where my little babies went. It would only be a matter of time until they're denying my kisses and claiming that they're too old for cuddles and tea parties or movie nights and bedtime stories. I knew it would come one day and I feared for the state of my heart when it did arrive.

If there's one thing that I had learnt, it's that parenting was not easy, though that wasn't necessarily much of a shock nor a surprise, but parenting had put me through some of the toughest times and I swear it had dragged me through hell and back. Most days I was exhausted, completely spent as these kids used be a human climbing frame. There were so many parts of parenthood that nobody had ever prepared me for.

But my god, one look at these kids wrapped up in towels at the beach as it hammers it down with rain, both of them with tired smiles on their lips after crashing into the waves repeatedly despite the torrential rain, it was quite possibly the greatest sight to ever see. It made it all worth it.