Chapter: 32

Blakely

It's been 5 months since I found out I was pregnant. These months haven't been the easiest. I went through the typical pregnancy motions-- morning sickness, mood swings, cravings. Clayton has been here for me through most of it all. I know that he's not the best man, but he's all I have as of now.

I haven't seen anyone I know in awhile. Not Mason, Chanceton, my parents. . . Sebastian. I wonder what he's up to nowadays. Probably with some other girl. I really wish I hadn't moved away from everyone. I miss the city; I miss them.

"Blakely, are you even listening to me?"

I blink and look over at Clayton. He looked at me from the driver's seat, an irritated expression on his face.

"Sorry," I say. "I got lost in my thoughts."

He nods. "You've been doing that a lot lately. Maybe we should get your prenatal vitamins changed."

"Maybe," I reply carelessly, returning my gaze outside the window.

We're on our way home from the doctor's office. Awhile back we found out that we were having twins, a boy and a girl. Clayton was elated. This time we found out nothing new. The twins are fine, I'm fine.

We arrived home soon after and I made my way into the house. I went straight to the kitchen and made myself a bowl of cereal before heading to the bedroom.

"Blakely, you know I've told you not to eat in here." Clayton walks in and stands in front of the television.

"Can you move?" I ask.

"What's wrong, baby?" he asks, climbing into bed with me.

"Leave me alone please." I roll my eyes at him.

He grabs my face and turns it towards him. "Blakely, listen to me."

I grab my bowl of cereal and try to get up, accidentally knocking it into his lap.
He curses under his breath and slaps me hard across my face, earning a scream from me.

"I am so fucking tired of you Blakely!" he yells, shoving me off the bed. I land on my stomach, immediately rolling over as I feel a sharp pain.

I struggle to stand, using the bed to pull myself up. As I waddle slowly to the bathroom, Clayton touches my arm. "Blakely, I'm so sorry."

I don't look at him and slam the door in his face, making sure to lock it. I sit on the floor and sob, him banging on the door and yelling my name. It wasn't supposed to be this way. I was going to marry the man of my dreams and be happy. Have a happy little marriage, a happy little family, and in the end a happy little death. But life doesn't work that way.

I sit in the corner, my knees pulled to my chest. I can feel blood running down my thigh and I immediately know something is wrong. Clayton is still banging on the door loudly, cursing at me. I pull my phone out of my pocket, leaning against the sink to pull myself up to a standing position.

I dial a number I've been dying to call for ages, but never had the courage. "Blakely?" he asks.

_____________________________________

Well, it's finally here. I hope its been long awaited by you guys. Though I just resumed this book, it will sadly be ending within the next few chapters. But, the good news is, there will be a sequel! The next chapter will be up soon. I think I'll start having definite days I'll post chapters after school starts back next month. Well as usual, thank you for reading. Please comment, vote, and follow.

~MiahCG