Chapter: 12

~Blakely's POV~

"Give her 30cc's of morphine! Stat!."

"Shears!"

I hear voices everywhere all throughout my head, but I can't see anything. I fight the urge to fall asleep. I hear the beeping of what sounds like a heart monitor speed up rapidly. People yelling. I feel myself falling. 

Falling....

Falling...

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep......

_______________________________________________________________

I open my eyes slowly. I look around the contents of the room I'm in: everything is white. I take a deep breath of the air. Sterile. It smells like medicine. Where am I? I try to raise up, but I can't move. Beginning to panic I look down and see that my arms and legs are strapped down on a table. I let out an ear piercing scream, shaking my immobile limbs as much as I can. 

Two large men in white suits come running into the room. They come closer to me and I scream even louder. The larger of the two tries to put something in my mouth, but I bite him and scream louder. 

The other man grabs a huge syringe while the other holds me down. He inserts it slowly into my arm. I feel a burning sensation flowing through my body. I then feel myself drifting away into a deep slumber.

_______________________________________________________________

I wake up again, this time with a throbbing sensation in my head. I look down at myself and see no restraints. I get out of the cot I was laying on and stand up. A sudden wave of dissiness washes over me as I take steps towards the large door on the other side of the room. I reach for the handle to twist, but a voice stops me. 

"There's no use." I turn around and see the source of the voice. A woman. Her tall stature is seated formally in a chair in the corner of the room. Her brunette hair in a prim and proper bun, no loose strands anywhere. Her form fitting black skirt reaches to the knees of her crossed legs. 

I take a moment to take in her look before I answer. "W-what?" My voice comes out dry and scratchy. I don't remember the last time I had drank water. 

"There's no use. Open the door if you must, but you will then see there was no reasoning behind it." 

Confused, I open the door to find the two large men from before in front of it. I quickly close it back. 

"Where am I? Why am I here?" I ask the woman as I sit back down on the bed.

"Do you remember what happened Annaliese?" How does she know my name? I think to myself as I look down at my legs. My legs are covered in a white gause, from the top of my thighs down to my ankles. My arms are the same way.

"I know everything about you Annaliese. It's all right here on this clipboard."

"Why am I here?" I question again.

"You tried to commit suicide Annaliese. For safety precautions your mother and father sent you here, the Shady Hills Psychiatric Unit." I sit stunned at what she said. Mother and father.  Hah. My father died when I was 7 years old, and the man my mom is married to now, no. 

"I'm not crazy. I didn't try to commit suicide." 

"I never said you were crazy Annaliese. By the way it looked, you tried to commit suicide and you need help. Why haven't you been taking your antidepressants? Your friend Mason has told us you haven't taken one since you were in highschool. You are severely depressed Annaliese. You need those pills. You need our help and that's why I am here today with you. I'm Dr. Xavier."