Chapter: 6

~Clayton's POV~

I wake up groggily to feel something on my chest. I look down and see Blakely. Slowly and gently rolling her off, I look over at my alarm clock.

Shit. I'm late for work. I throw the sheets off of me and hop out of bed, landing with a soft thud on the white carpet. I throw on my shirt and pants sloppily.

Grabbing my things I scrawl out a note for Blakely and leaving her a spare key. I run out the door and walk quickly down the sidewalk

Finally reaching my job, I go over to my office and sit down at my desk, ready to finish my article.

I walk to my boss' office, article in hand. I knock on her door.

"Come in."

I walk in and hand her my article. I turn to leave as she speaks again. "Sit down Edgemont."

Oh God... She's gonna fire me. I think as I slowly sit down into the chair.

"As you know, you have been working here for awhile. And you have been working very hard. Now this article was your final chance I gave you to probe yourself, and you have succeeded!"

I look at her joyfully. "Does that mean I get the position?"

"Yes. You will move into the editors office on Monday. You can work from home now as well."

"Thank you so much. I won't disappoint you."

I stand up and begin to walk out of the door.

"Oh and Clayton, there's a charity banquet on Saturday that you need to attend. Be sure to bring a date." I nod and walk out of the door.

I head to my office and grab my things. Walking outside I think about Blakely. How beautiful she would look in a ball gown...

As I open my apartment door the smell of food hits my nose. Mmm.. It smells delicious. I put my things down by the door and head into the dining room to see a wonderful meal set out on the table.

Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, cornbread...  It smells so good.

Blakely walks over to me and motions for me to sit down. I look up at her, a smile plastered on my face. "Darling, this is wonderful."

She smiles and looks at me. "You've worked hard today, you deserve a nice home cooked meal."

"Well thank you sweetheart. I need you to go out and buy a ball gown tomorrow. I got the promotion!!! And we're being invited to a banquet!"

She gets up and jumps onto my arms, congratulating me. We then sit down and continue our meal.

__________________________________

Author's Note:

Hey guys.. sorry I haven't updated soon. I've been busy. This was just a filler chapter. Some real action will take place next chapter. Vote and Comment c: Baii