Chapter: 29

Blakely

I open one eye slowly, grimacing as the light from the draw back curtain hits my eyes. Ugh, good gracious my head is killing me. I groan loudly and roll over onto my side.

     "What the-" My body stiffens as I land on top of someone else. Who am I in bed with?

     I look down beside me and low and behold is Mason. I shake my head slowly as he shifts and puts his arm around me. I couldn't have slept with him, he's my best friend. I scoot over, thinking I'll land on the floor, but a pair of strong arms catch me.

     "Trying to get away from us that easily?" a husky voice says into my ear.

      "Chanceton?" I ask, praying to Amazonian gods that it isn't him.

      "You got it dude," he says. I pull away from him and land on my butt on a cold, hard floor. "You might wanna put on a shirt," he says with a chuckle. I look down at my bare body.

      I grab a random shirt off the floor as I cover myself. "Can you turn around?" I ask.

      "I think it my be too late for that," says Mason, yawning and wiping his eyes as he hops out of the bed.

      "No," I say. "We didn't. . ." They both look at me.  "Tell me it's not true."

      "I wish I could," says Mason, looking truly sorry.

      "I don't. Last night was wonderful. Can you say bet night ever?"

      "Mason how could you? You're my best friend." Tears begin to roll down my face. Mason strides over and takes me into his arms.

      "I'm sorry Stone, I really am. This wasn't supposed to happen. We were really drunk and we just did it." He runs his hands through my hair.

      "Tell me we at least used protection."

      They both look at me, then at each other. No, I say to myself.

      "We thought you were on birth control," Clayton says, running his hand through his hair.

      "No, the clinic took me off of it."

Clayton
Where the hell is she? I pace back and forth in the living room. My phone is wedged into my clenched fist, leaving lacerations on my hand.

      I came back from my business trip way earlier than expected. It's not out of the ordinary to want to come home from a long day at work to your loving, very loving wife. If you know what I mean.

      I open the front door to find a dark and empty house. I didn't know what had happened. So I called her Blakely's phone before I draw to any obscene conclusions. And what do I get?

      Voicemail.

      I called her like 10 more times. Then I called Mason. Voicemail. So I knew she was with him. He's her best friend. He'd keep her safe. But something wasn't right. Blakely always has her phone. We had to make her put it down before the wedding.

      So here I am. 12 hours later. Still waiting. Worried out of my mind.

      I sigh loudly and sit down on the couch, shutting my eyes for a minute.

      Then the door opens.

Author's Note:

Hey guys! I'm back! Sort of. It's been awhile. Anywho they're together. Yep. And all was good until now. I wonder what Clayton will do. I wonder who's at the door. Hmm.... Thank you all for reading and commenting. :) Toodles!
~MiahCG