Chapter: 14

~Blakely's POV~ 

"I'm okay Sebastian, God!"

"I'm just checking on you Annaliese." Sebastian stands at the doorway of my room. Since the little thing that happened two days ago, he's been asking if I'm okay repeatedly. It's honestly adorable, but it's beginning to be too much. 

I walk out of my room, and down the corridor to the rec room, Sebastian trailing behind. I sit down on one of the couches and turn on the t.v. Sebastian sits next to me. "Annali-"

"Blakely." I don't take my eyes off of Pretty Woman on the t.v. as correct him once again. 

"Blakely.. I'm sorry." 

"I've already forgiven you Sebastian. Please don't bring it up again." 

"I know, I know. But, I'm just so sorry. By the way you reacted I could automatically tell that my anger got to you somehow. I didn't mean to get upset like that. I've just been really stressed and everything. I really just want us to get past this awkward time." I look over at him and smile.

"I forgive you Sebastian." I scoot over next to him and give him a huge hug.

 Sebastian hugs me tightly and begins to say something. "Blakely, I-"

"Annaliese Stone, please report to the conference room. Thank you."  The shrill voice comes through the intercom. 

"Hold that thought." I say to Sebastian as I pull away from him and walk out of the room. I walk down the hall slowly. I must have a visitor if I'm needed in the connference room. But who? 

I  quickly walk to the conference room and peek through the door. My eyes light up as I see Mason sitting at the table. I run through the door and into his arms. 

"MASON!!!" He stumbles back suprised, but catches his balance and wraps his arms around me. 

"Someones happy to see me." Mason smiles cockily and I punch him in the shoulder.

He kisses my forehead and buries his face into my hair. "I missed you so much. I'm so glad you're okay." 

He pulls away from me and we sit down at one of the tables. We sit in silence for a moment until he speaks up. "Blakely, what I saw that day.. I thought I was gonna lose you." Mason looks up at me and I see tears in eyes, threatening to pour out. 

"But you didn't Mason, that's all that matters."

"I thought you stopped Blakely." He speaks quietly, as if that was meant to be kept to himself.

"I never stopped. I tried so hard, but I couldn't." 

"You could have told me Blakely. Me, Mason Cornbault, the guy who's been your bestfriend since we were 7 years old. The guy that has been there for you all the time, no matter what." 

"That's the thing Mason, you weren't there for me. The time I needed you most, you weren't there."

"Blakely, what are yo-"

"Don't interrupt me! When you and Trinity were dating, the summer after senior year, I tried. I tried to reach out to you for help, but you kept putting me on the backburner. You ignored me. Every time I tried to get together with you you were always busy or you'd cancel. You were not there Mason. I needed you! I needed you!" I feel the flood of tears roll down my face. 

Mason looks at me, tears running down his face as well. "Blakely I-I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry! What kind of friend am I? I let you suffer like that. I wasn't there. You were all alone. It's my fault Blakely, I'm so sorry! Please forgive me for this." Mason's voice cracks and he cries even more. I hear his breathing speed up.