39

Nat and I spent pretty much every second of the week together, she took me to her favourite ice cream shop, and we went for many walks in the park.

I forced her to watch more and more Disney films but she didn't hate it, not one bit. In fact, she ended up being the one who insisted on some of them.
Maybe I'd officially turned THE cold Natasha Romanoff, soft.

We'd been back at work for a week now. It was Saturday. Nothing much had changed, apart from my salary of course. We began to work on the loose fit suits and luckily we were correct, they were easier and definitely a lot less work thanks to the preparation we did before Halloween.

The only thing different funnily enough was Monica. I'm pretty sure I spoke to her at the party, but I couldn't really remember, so much happened that night.

She seemed really off though, not looking where she was going and bumping into me a few times, refusing to look me in the eyes.

When I asked Nat if she'd noticed anything, she just shrugged, simply saying,
"Well maybe she has a thing for you too."

If I'm honest, Nat had been a little distant too, since the party. Maybe it was because of what was or wasn't said that evening, but I was right, we weren't ready.

Right now, I was just walking home from the store, I went to get some groceries and get some other bits. For some reason, I'd decided to walk, even though it took about 45 minutes just to get there on foot, therefore I'd been out for a good few hours.

"Hey Angel, I'm home!" I called out, walking through the door and placing the groceries in the kitchen. I heard no reply, so went to look for her.

As I walked into the living room, what I saw made my heart burst out of my chest.

My Angel, My Girl, was sat on the couch, with another woman basically on top of her! Their foreheads were touching closely and their lips were millimetres apart.

I looked between the blonde and the redhead, unsure of what to say or do.

"Nat?" My voice broke, as well as my heart.

"Evelyn?" She lifted her head, her eyes meeting mine. Tears streamed down my face in a never ending waterfall of sadness.

How could she.

I needed to get out.

Without another word, I turned, running for my car and slamming the door shut, driving away, anywhere but here.

Where could I go? My apartment still wasn't ready, I couldn't go back to Nat, I couldn't face her.

'I trust you 3000%' sure

"How could I be so naive?!" I shouted to myself, banging my hands on the steering wheel.

Before I knew it, I'd rolled up at Wanda's. I had nowhere else to go. I knocked on the door, but received no answer, she should be in.

I grabbed my key from my bag and jammed it into the lock.

"Wands?" I called out, no answer. I felt so alone.

I walked around the house, finally making it into the kitchen. And there she was.

Wanda, my 'straight' best friend was tongue deep in her roommate Agatha, fucking her right there on the kitchen island.

I fucking knew it.

The two of them gasped as they saw me, but I ran out, shielding my eyes as I ran again for my car. Right, that's now two people I've walked in on having sex that I never ever wanted to.

It's ok, I'll text Wanda later, it was probably better for me to be alone with my thoughts anyway.

Natasha POV
(3 hours ago)

After brushing my teeth, I headed to the kitchen to find a note from Evelyn, saying she went to get groceries. She was so helpful and thoughtful, I love her so much.

A ring of the doorbell brought me out of my thoughts. Huh, that was quick.

But when I opened it, I saw a bright pair of green eyes staring back at me.
"Big sister!"

"Yelena!" I cried, running forwards and pulling her into my arms.
"I missed you."

"I wasn't gone thaaaaat long." She never did even bother to hide her thick Russian accent like I did. I chuckled, playfully pushing her away.

"Come on, get your ass inside."

She followed me inside our house, Fanny the dog trailing behind.

"So, where's the woman who is responsible for putting a smile back on my big sisters face?" She asked, grabbing a bottle of water and following me to the couch.

"Shes getting groceries."

"Oh I see. So, look at you, all in love."  She teased, poking my side. I shook my head dismissively, even though I knew she was right.

"What about you and Kate? I mean I know you guys aren't in love but she's your friend now right?" I dug, I knew she didn't make friends easily.

"Errrrrr, well I would refer to us more as acquaintances, fellow dog owners you could say. Anyway, have you told this girl..."

"Evelyn"

"Evelyn, that you love her yet?"

"Stop changing the subject! But to answer your question, no I haven't. I want to though, maybe today even! Oh she'll be so excited to meet you Lena!"

"I can see that you really care for this girl. I can see it, in your eyes. Now I know I don't understand these relationships thingys and I've never felt that way romantically, and never will, but I know what love feels like. And I know that the love you have for her goes a long way. Why else would you talk about her for the entirety of our calls?"

We giggled. Lena had been on a trip away with her, I don't care what she says, it was her friend, Kate. Their dogs played together and they got along really well.

"Thank you Lena. I'm so happy to have you here supporting me." I pulled her in for a hug.

"No problem big sis! Also I forgot to say but I'm moving out." Ok that's sudden.

"Yes it's just Kate and I were kinda thinking that the dogs, Lucky and Fanny, have been getting along great and they realllly miss each other when they're apart sooooooooo."

"If you wanna live with your friend, I'm not gonna stop you Lena, I'm just proud you finally made one." She gave me a dissatisfied look.

"No, I told you it's just the dogs, it's what's best for them and it just so happens that we as well live together, I mean they see each other all the time anyway." She defended.

I smiled to myself, nudging my forehead against hers and cuddling her.

"It's ok Lena, you can go, I have Evelyn now, I won't be alone again."

Suddenly, I heard the kitchen door slam, looking to see Evelyn herself standing in the doorway, her face streaming with tears. I was about to call her over when she spoke,

"Nat?" Her voice broke, seeing her so upset made my heart clench. Why was she so upset? Did she find out about the apartment?

"Evelyn?" I lifted my head, her eyes meeting mine. She began to sob more, tears cascading down her face like a waterfall. But before I could explain the situation with Lena, she was gone, out of the door. Just gone.

What have I done?

A/N: sooooo don't hate me but you know, the story needed a bit of drama 🥺 honestly can u blame Evelyn though? Like if that happened to me I'd be pretty upset too, but maybe she should've given Nat a chance to explain...