23

A while later, Wanda got tired, going back onto the sand and wrapping a towel around herself, busing herself with her phone.

I decided to stay in the water a bit longer, enjoying the weightless feeling when floating. I gazed up at the sky, not a cloud to be seen.

It was a beautiful day. Even though I loved being there with Wanda, my mind still wandered to Natasha. I'd love to bring her to the beach some day. To splash around in the water with her, to take pictures together on the sand, to kiss in front of the sunset on the beach.

One day I will.

After swimming around for a bit longer, I began to get cold. I headed back into shore and joined Wanda on the sand, bathing in the sun and letting the heat dry my skin.

We sunbathed until it got quite late, watching the sunset. It was beautiful, bright colours of pink and orange decorated the sky. This time, I joined Wanda in taking pictures, wanting to savour this moment of relaxation.

We'd planned to go out for dinner at this super nice place the next day so just were going to order take out tonight. The place was expensive so we had to try and eat cheap tonight.

When we got in, an army on dings hit my phone, as soon as it connected to Wi-Fi.

I opened it up to find at least 10 missed calls from Nat and a long line of messages.

Nat: Evelyn why aren't
you answering me?

Nat: Why did you wear
a bikini?

Nat: Where did you get
it from?

Nat: I hope it's not
Wanda's!

Nat: She posted it all on
her instagram did you
think I wouldn't find it?

Nat: I saw the pictures
of you two together.

Nat: Do you like her?

Nat: Do you want to
break up?

Nat: Do you want to
be with her instead?

Nat: God damn it Evelyn
just pick up the phone!

The last message had been sent around 20 minutes ago. I hadn't seen anything before because my phone was off but now I was worried. I was worried because she was worried.

I asked Wanda to get us pizza for diner, our usual, and went into my room to FaceTime Nat.

It only rang once before she picked up, her eyes puffy from crying.

"Evelyn?"

"It's me Baby. Why are you crying?"

"I'm not I just had something in my eye." She lied, wiping away some stray tears.

"You're obviously upset Baby but it's ok! We're not breaking up Nat. You have nothing to worry about. I only want you, I promise."

"But I saw the photos. And the video of you carrying her into the sea, you looked so happy!" She sniffled.

"We were just posing sillily for those photos and I was happy, so happy!" I replied.

"I've known Wanda since we were 12. She has always made me happy and always will. Our relationship has always been close but never ever romantic. And it never will be do you understand?" I asked, she nodded slowly.

"I'm sorry for being so needy. I just..."
She started.
"I just really like you ok?"

"And I really like you too Nat. You have no idea how much I want to kiss you right now." I sighed. We stared at each other through the phones before I heard Wanda calling me from the kitchen that the pizza had arrived.