47

Over the next few weeks, Nat and I didn't see each other much. We both had all the final garments to be perfected before the launch at Christmas.

It was exciting, the thought that our designs were soon going to be out to the public, for anyone to buy. I sat at my desk, working as Carol filed some paperwork for the project.

What if I was walking down the street and someone with a motorcycle walked by wearing my leather suit? That would be awesome. I smiled to myself, excitement bubbling inside of me at the thought.

It was the start of December, the 3rd actually, so Christmas was coming up. Nat had already asked me to spend Christmas with her and of course I said yes! My family lives in a different state anyway so it was difficult to visit them. She told me her sister, Lena, was spending it with her friend Cate, which meant the two of us were going to be alone. This was going to be nice.

My legs bounced under the table and I subtly jumped up and down in my seat, unable to contain the excitement anymore.

I noticed Carol looked up to me, smiling softly as I blushed, embarrassed. I looked down to avoid her gaze as I tried to act like I hadn't just been celebrating like a 4 year old.

"Hey you can go home early today. You've worked super hard and you deserve the night off." She said warmly.

"Oh thank you but I can stay, I really don't mind." I offered, feeling bad about possibly leaving her there alone.

"No no I insist! I'm almost done here anyways so don't worry." She smiled again, telling me it was ok.

"Ok. Well thank you! I'll see you tomorrow!" I said, gathering my things and waving goodbye.

I had the evening off, so what harm could it do to go and visit a certain red head? Maybe she's done with work for today too.

I walked into Nat's office, noticing her assistant worker, the one that replaced me, wasn't at his desk.

"Hey."

"Oh hi Princess." She said, seeming a little distracted for some reason.

"Where's Peter?" I asked, searching for any sigh of his bag or something.

"Oh he was off sick today so I've been alone all day." She sighed, looking down at her hands.

"Are you ok?" I asked, wandering over to her and placing my hand on her shoulder to try to comfort her.

She looked up at me, nodding before standing up and pushing herself into my arms.

"I just missed you today." She whispered into my shoulder as I held her tight.

I was a little worried as she was acting really strange. But I knew that if I asked her about it, she wouldn't say anything.

Instead, I just lead her out of the office and guided her on the walk home. We just made light chatter as we walked, luckily Nat cheered up a little, fresh air always helped her. I knew that.

Once we arrived at her place, I told her to go wait on the couch for me whilst I got us some drinks. I decided on hot chocolate because that always cheered me up, and I was pretty damn good at making it.

I busied myself in her kitchen, reaching for marshmallows and whipped cream of course. I ended up using the last of the chocolate powder so made a note to buy more for her next time I went to the store.

As I went to throw the empty box into the trash, I noticed something sparkling underneath a plastic bottle. Curious, I lifted the bottle out and took the sparkly piece of paper in my hands.