53

Later on, after changing the bedsheets, showering and having some lunch, we both decided it'd be good to have a nap, to try avoid the jet lag a bit.

I lay next to my girlfriend on the huge bed, shuffling forward so our faces were close together, our noses almost touching.

She looked angelic, her pink lips pursed as she relaxed into the bed, her eyes fluttering shut. She looked so peaceful.

I blew a stream of cool air over her face, making her eyes blink open in surprise.

"Go to sleep Baby, we're going to a nice bar later and I don't want you to be tired." She whispered softly.

"But I can't sleep, I'm too excited! I can't settle down."

She reached her hand up and started combing her fingers though my hair soothingly. I leaned into her touch, gazing into her beautiful emerald eyes.

"Hmmmm you know what might help?" I hummed
"If you sing for me."

"Really?" She said sarcastically.

"Do you know any french songs? Come on you have such a great voice! And you know I love when you speak French!"

"Yes I know you do." She continued to stroke my hair.

"Alright, I know one" she sighed, giving in to my puppy dog eyes.

She cleared her throat and began to sing quietly and softly,

<song: amour plastique by Videoclub>

🎶Dans mon esprit tout divague,
(In my mind everything wanders)
Je me perds dans tes yeux,
(I get lost in your eyes)
Je me noie dans la vague,
(I'm drowning in the wave)
De ton regard amoureux,
(Of your loving gaze)
Je ne veux que ton âme,
(I only want your soul)
Divaguant sur ma peau,
(Wandering over my skin)
Une fleur, une femme,
(A flower, a woman)
Dans ton cœur Roméo,🎶
(In your heart Romeo)

I giggled as she tapped my nose lightly with her index finger. Her voice was slow, soft and smooth, sending me into a trance.

🎶Je ne suis que ton nom,
(I'm only your name)
Le souffle lancinant,
(The haunting breath)
De nos corps dans le sombre,
(Of our bodies in the dark)
Animés lentement🎶
(Moving slowly)

She closed her eyes, settling down to sleep. I didn't understand a word of what she sang, but it seemed like an expression of feelings. It was,
"Beautiful."

She smiled at the compliment, her eyes staying slightly shut as she tried to get me to sleep.

I hummed in content, snuggling down and pulling her close to me.

***

A few hours later, Nat shook me awake, telling me to start getting ready to go out. She'd bought a short blue dress for me, one that matched my eyes, and forced me to wear the blue set of lingerie I had to match. Not that I minded.

After changing and styling my hair, I stepped back into the bedroom. She was stood in a long tight red dress that hugged her figure perfectly and had a neckline low enough to bring a flush of colour to my cheeks.

She smirked at my reaction as I quickly realised my jaw had dropped all the way to the ground. I closed my mouth quickly, blushing even more about the effect she had on me.