Missing

You and the gaang got back of the ship out of breath and shaking. You and Katara both brought him food so you went down to Aang's room together. Kat walked in first and dropped the tray. You looked over her shoulder and let out a frustrated groan. You threw the dumplings across the room. We need him for the invasion, of course he would be nervous about it. Ending the fire lord isn't exactly something a little kid like Aang would take lightly  too. But it would have to happen sooner or later. You ran up to the top deck angrily. You turned and saw Toph looking at you with raised eyebrows. 

"What's wrong Princess Zu Zu?" Toph asked giving you a new nick name every day as always.

"Aang left. No note no nothing. He just took his glider and left." You told her frustratedly. Toph sighed face palming. You looked over your shoulder and saw Katara hugging her Dad tears falling down her face.

"Speaking of notes, what has your hubby sent?" Toph teased you only increasing your bad mood and deepening your frown.

"He's not my hubby. Zuko is with Mai now. Apparently they are getting pretty serious and he and I are to far apart to get anywhere with our relationship." You told her getting in an even worse mood.

"I always thought you guys were a great couple by the way." Toph sighed putting a hand on your shoulder, she had to stand on her tip toes in order to reach though.

"That doesn't make it any better." You pursed your lips. When you turned you were tackled into a hug by Katara who was crying a little still. You held her to you as if you protect from the harshness that was to come the closer the invasion got.

"I know Kat, it'll be okay." You shushed her cries.

"No it won't be, I know the world needs him but doesn't he know we need him too!" Katara protested through tears. You climbed onto Appa and Katara hopped into the saddle, we were about to take off when Sokka hoisted Toph into the saddle then she helped him into the saddle.

"Let's go find Aang. Just us, like the old days." Katara announced as Appa soared through the sky cutting through clouds. You flew towards a few near villages, no luck. It was nearly night time when you saw a figure in orangey red robes. You dove for the figure hope sparking like a wildfire in you. You landed next to Aang all 4 of you leapt from Appa's back and raced for Aang. Katara slid across the mud shaking Aang's arm. You smirked as Katara held Aang to her chest. The attraction between them was so obvious and you loved them together. KATAANG. TOKKA. The couples were such happy people together, like were with Zuko.

Zuko's p.o.v

"Azula, I am not fully accepted because (YN) remains as the new Avatar since the old one died." I frowned at my little sister. For a 14 year old she really is a pain in my butt.

"Then go kill your little girl friend." Azula snapped at me. I pressed my lips into a thin line.

"I can't. Don't you get it Azula, she was a back up Avatar given abilities to protect her at all times and save her even when she is close to death, She could be impossible to defeat." I objected.

"You sure that's the reason? I know how much you love her. Notice how I saw love. Not loved. I can see Mai is only a distraction to get your mind off of (YN). I mean I can't blame you, She is a very pretty girl and shows some emotion rarely though. Just like you." Azula looked at me with raised eyebrows. I knew this about her.

"Of course not. She became the enemy the second you killed the original Avatar." I tried to convince my sister.

"Then why do you write to her?" Azula asked. I felt my eyes widen in shock as she threw a piece of paper at me, a photo falling out.

"Did you read it Azula?" I asked her carefully.

"Well I read the first few sentences and I have to say I am touched by your love for her." Azula answered. I picked up the picture, it was her, the water tribe siblings, and a little blind girl. (YN) was in the middle of the group a huge happy grin on her face, her eyes were watery like she had just laughed really hard and cried, her (HC) locks cascaded down her shoulders beautifully, and she had her arms wrapped around the gaang in a happy group hug. I looked at the little blind her, she wore a beautiful teal necklace with a gold earth kingdom symbol surrounded by dark blue water tribe symbols. I smiled at the confident grin she wore and how awkward they all looked cramped under (YN)'s arms. I left my sister's room with a slight smile on my face. I opened the letter and read about how Toph and Sokka were engaged and how she liked my hair long. I placed the letter with the other letters in a case that was hidden under the floorboards. The picture however I put somewhere more secure. I put the photo in the sheath with my swords. I flopped onto my bed sighing happily. I love her still but the fire nation couldn't know that, Mai couldn't know that.