The Boiling Rock p. 4

Guards continued to flow out into the total chaos that was the riot we had started.  You were still wondering where in the world Zuko was. Suddenly he came sprinting into view. You ran over to him embracing him for a short moment.

"Where were you?" I asked him dodging a blast of flames that came our way, you looked into his golden eyes and saw them flash with hurt. "Mai." You whispered. Zuko could only nod. You embraced him once more before following Sokka's plan.

"All we have to do is grab the warden and get to the gondola." Sokka explained to all of us once we were all together.

"How do we do that?" Zuko asked. Sokka's face blanked.

"(YN)? Any ideas?" He said cheekily. You face palmed, he was usually so thoughtful but now was just not one of those days. While he and Zuko began to argue Suki and you started to run through the crowds slipping between over and under fire benders and prison fights. We swiftly climbed your way up to the warden's area. You could feel Zuko's gaze burning through you but shook it off quickly. Guards began to run at you and Suki and you hadn't bent in a long time so you decided to let it all out. Your eyes began to glow gold as you quickly made your way through the guards wind whipping around you and Suki as the two of you plowed through the guards to get to the warden. We leapt our way over to the warden as you slipped out of the avatar state. You tied him up with Suki and when she turned him to face you, you let your eyes glow for a second.

"The avatar. I am so screwed." The warden gasped making you smirk. Together you and Suki began to transport said warden through the riot up to the gondola. As we met resistance at our escape route Zuko stepped in front blowing their attacks off like they were nothing. You could only watch in admiration as he pulled the warden in front of him holding his flame dagger to his throat.  We all loaded into the machine watching the guards become smaller and smaller as we pulled away. Zuko remained there for a sec before leaping across towards us. You gasped and practically fell forward out the window of the contraption yanking your swinging boyfriend into the squeaky contraption.

"Who are they?" Sokka's Dad suddenly pondered. You glanced out and saw Azula and Ty Lee making their way towards you and fast too. You groaned slamming your fist against the metal walls.

"They are a total problem." Zuko hissed. Ty Lee and Azula dropped onto the roof of our escape while Zuko, Sokka and Suki all awaited them. You started to climb out the window watching the battle unfold. Waiting for your moment to step in and blow this stand. You were kinda dangling there while Sokka and Zuko were like a tag team fending off the 14 year old princess while Suki's movements were quick and fast against Ty Lee's. Then you heard the worst sound possible.

"CUT THE LINE!" The Warden screamed a few moment later the whole contraption began to rock violently. You grip on the window slipped and you were dangling there swinging with the motion of the gondola. You let out a yelp of surprise catching Zuko's attention but you used that momentum to swing yourself up to the roof also.

"Their about to cut the line!" Ty Lee cried out. Azula and her soon jetted off to an oncoming gondola while we watched them leave. You grabbed Zuko's sleeve pulling him closer to you. You were so certain that this was the end of it all. So you breathed in his burnt brown sugar scent once more before closing your eyes waiting for the machine to drop. Suddenly the machine started moving and Zuko moved you inside the gondola.

"Thanks Mai." You whispered closing your eyes sighing in relief. The second the gondola stopped you were pulled to your feet and put onto Zuko's back like a piggy back ride. You put your face in his hair smelling it when suddenly he stopped moving.

"Azula got here somehow." He wondered aloud. You nodded in agreement. Then he stood at the edge of a cliff seeing an airship. You nodded. "That's our way out guys." Zuko said surely.