Wandering

You wandered throughout the palace noticing all the changes, some big, some small. You took great notice to the painting of the royal family, they all looked happy, like a family. As you walked down the hallway you noticed a painting you never remembered being painted in the first place. It was Azula with Mai and Ty Lee arms around each other happily as children when next to the smiling girls there was you and Zuko hands intertwined both with a faint blush on both our cheeks. You smiled at the painting bringing back memories.

"Mom, can you make Zuko we need an even number of players!" Azula called to her mother who was strolling around the turtle duck pond with Zuko. You hid up in the tree above the pond reading the book of fairytales Ursa gave you.

"I don't wanna play your stupid games." Zuko snapped at them angrily. You put the book down carefully climbing to get a better angle of the situation.

"Mom, please!" Azula begged making her amber eyes wider. You knew this trick. She pulled it on everyone. You leapt from your spot in the tree landing lightly.

"He doesn't want to play Azula. Leave him alone." You told the princess. Everyone looked at you in shock. Azula's eyes filled with anger.

"I am princess Azula to you! Know give me that book." Azula screeched. You shook your head in response. Azula ran at you. You dodged her leap and in fear you scrambled back up the tree.

"Azula, leave her alone and I'll play your game."  You heard the Prince's voice. Azula gave up on you and played her game which ended Zuko in a fountain on top of Mai. You helped him from the fountain only to get shoved in. The other 3 girls had there arms around each other laughing hysterically. You and Zuko got out of the water and intertwined your fingers.

"Thank you." You both said looking into each other's eyes a blush forming on your cheeks.

"Those were the days weren't they?" A female voice said from the shadows. You turned and saw Azula herself.

"I guess, they were a lot better than now I suppose. Simpler, no problems, just us being kids." You told her. Azula cracked a small smile, not a faux one either.

"We weren't normal kids though."  Azula mused.

"We were total weirdo's pushing each other into that fountain, trying to get Mai out of her book, Zuko never wanting to play but played anyways. We really were freaks." You smiled at the thought of your child hood here.

"To be honest I think we were weirder than kids who weren't royalty." Ty Lee suddenly giggled, she must've heard us while walking down the hallway.  All 3 of you heard the dry sound of Mai's laughter and Zuko's chuckle. Ty Lee frowned and Azula looked like she ate something sour.

"They really need to take their lovey dovey crap down a few notches." Azula scoffed sourly. Ty Lee nodded in agreement while you just kept looking at the painting.

"Does he know?" Ty Lee asked you. You sighed knowing what she meant.

"Well I would hope so, we have kissed a few times..." You trailed looking in the direction of the laughter.

"WHEN?!" Ty Lee screamed.

"Before I left for Ba Sing Se alone, and at the North Pole." You told her. Azula raised an eyebrow.

"Ba Sing Se?" She asked.

"Yeah something happened and I needed to get away from it all and stayed with the Bei Fongs.

" You explained to the princess. Azula shrugged it off and left. Ty Lee grabbed your arm and dragged you to where Zuko and Mai sat on the couch all cuddled with each other.

"Mai, Azula needs you and I. She said something about needing help finding an outfit for her and Zuko's appearance tomorrow." Ty Lee lied. Mai not wanting tot wanting to question the princess. You watched as Zuko sat up on the couch. You bit your lip as you sat next to him on the couch.

"Ty Lee was lying wasn't she?" Zuko asked you.

"Yes. It wasn't my idea. I saw the painting of us. You, me, Azula, Mai, and Ty Lee." You answered meeting his golden eyes. You noticed his eyes were golden while Azula's were more of an ambery color.

"I had that painted the day before the Agni Kai." Zuko mused.

"I've missed you." You sighed laying your head on his shoulder lightly. He lay his head over yours.

"I missed you too, I'm glad about Toph and Sokka though." Zuko whispered.

"Zuko, your angry." You whispered. You looked up through your lashes as Zuko's eyebrows raise.

"How'd you know?" He asked.

"I've loved you for like ever, I will notice these things." You answered. You felt Zuko freeze against you.

"I thought you would hate me forever because of the Iroh thing." He said hoarsely.

"I'm just frustrated by it more than anything. I know you still love him, and I know he still loves you. But forgiveness will have to be earned." You told him softly.  Zuko lifted his head from yours and tilted you face towards his. Then h leaned down and kissed you still tasting of burning brown sugar and roses.

"Is that enough to earn your forgiveness?" He smirked leaning his forehead against yours.

"I was talking about Iroh's forgiveness but this works too." You smiled and made your lips barely brush his and then you left.