Chapter 5: A Trip to Brooklyn

(Third Person POV)

After Rachel agreed to puppy-sit Ozzy, the Wachowski's get ready to leave for the airport. It's been at least three days and when Friday finally arrived, they finished packing their luggage. It'll take them at least four hours to get to Brooklyn and find an apartment building to rent for the summer. Tom and Maddie exit the house, pulling bags of luggage with clothes and personal possessions within them. Maddie opens the truck to place all their bags in. The trunk of the truck would not be so easy to place her and Tom's belongings in because they may fly out.

"Got everything?" Tom asked.

"Almost. Let's go get the boys." Maddie said.

But before they could get their sons, Tails and Knuckles exit the house with their luggage in tow! The little fox had a blue bag and the echidna had a purple bag.

"I'm so excited!! I can't wait to have fun in the big apple!!!" Tails giggled.

"We can't have fun just yet, Tails. We have to rent an apartment before we can start to enjoy ourselves." Knuckles said.

Everything seemed okay, but something was missing.

"Wait... where's Sonic?" Tails asked.

Knuckles looked concerned. Maybe vacationing for two months is making him uneasy.

"I think he's still upstairs." Maddie said.

"It seems like he's not ready to leave the cave just yet." Knuckles said.

"I'll go get him." Said Tom.

He goes back inside as Maddie lifts Tails up and places him in the middle of the backseat. Knuckles then gets in on the right side and buckles up.

As Sonic sits on his race car bed, he holds his Nezuko Kamado plushie from the Demon Slayer anime he got at Hot Topic. His thumb gently strokes the dolls face as he looks around his room. He can't believe he's gonna have to say goodbye to Green Hills for two months. Grazing the soft pillow, he's gonna miss sleeping in his bed and gonna have to sleep in an apartment for awhile. But he's not ready to say goodbye yet. Hearing a knock from the floor, Sonic turns around to see his dad.

"Hey, son. You ready?" Tom asked.

"Almost, dad." Sonic replied.

Sonic gets up from the bed and he looks at his Demon Slayer plush collection that consisted of Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Daki. He stuffs his Nezuko plush in his green suitcase that had his clothes and Nintendo Switch inside it. He looks at his room one last time and then Sonic looks at his father.

"I'm ready... just need to grab one last thing."

He opens a dresser drawer and grabs the bag full of power rings. He then grabs the map his guardian gave him along with the feather of his guardian Longclaw and stuffs them in the bag full of rings. He then sticks the bag of rings in his luggage cause he feels like he'll lose them at the airport. Keeping stuff safe in one place on vacation is the best way to prevent things from getting lost... especially at motels. Sonic walks to Tom. He was pretty sure he heard Sonic whisper "goodbye, cave. I'll see you in August.". It was touching, but sad. Having to say goodbye to home for awhile was not easy for him.