Chapter 38

Chapter thirty-eight: Dinner date

---
Mason's POV

We've decided to meet at the park nearby our school.

Aish I'm doomed, because of the traffic I'm a bit late and it's almost dark.

Lakad takbo na ang ginawa ko and there I saw her waiting, nang mapansin niya ako ay ang salubong niyang kilay ang sumalubong sa akin.

"Anong oras na Martinez, hanggang kailan mo ako balak paghintayin?"

"Sorry for being late, Lucy. Traffic kasi--"

"Hindi ko tinatanong, so saan tayo gagawa ng project?"

She really is straight to the point

Napatingin naman ako sa relo ko, it's almost time for dinner.

"Are you hungry? Should we take a dinner first before doing the project?"

Napataas naman yung kilay niya

"I came here for the project and not for some dinner date with you"

I was taken a back, I don't know what to reply so she just look at me with annoyance

"Gutom ka na ba?"

"Pardon?"

"Ulit-ulit"

"Ikaw ba?"

Ang kaninang salubong niyang kilay ay mas lalong naging salubong, mukhang nauubos na ang pasensya niya kaya ngumiti ako ng tipid.

"Don't bring back the question, do you want to eat dinner or not?"

"Ah yes--"

Hindi niya na ako pinakinggan at naunang naglakad kaya tahimik naman ako sa sumunod.

Pinagmasdan ko naman siya habang salubong pa rin ang kilay, hindi ko alam kung sa akin lang ba siya ganito dahil kapag sa ibang tao ay masyado siyang friendly. Siguro dahil galit pa rin siya sa akin dahil sa ginawa ko, kaya tinanong ko siya para maging partner ko para makabawi sa kaniya, buti nga at napapayag ko siya.

We entered inside a seafood restaurant, after we sat down we immediately ordered for our food.

"So paano gagawin natin sa project?"

She asked while waiting for the food

"I thought we'll eat dinner first--"

"No, we'll talk about the project as we eat our dinner"

Aigo, she's really strict when it comes to her schedule. When it's her schedule to do her school requirements she'll do it no matter what she's doing right now. No wonder she's pissed that I'm late, she scheduled doing our project on the afternoon but now we ended up eating dinner.

All I know about her is she doesn't want when her schedule is messed up, that's the kind of rival she is to me.

I noticed that her textbooks are all over the table, she's... reviewing?

"I thought we're here for the project? Can't you just stop reviewing"

"I can manage to multitask"

She answered without looking at me

"May quiz tayo next next week"

"Next next week na rin ang deadline ng project"

"I told you I can multitask"

"You have plenty of time to review after we finished the project, so why don't you focused on the project first"