Forensic Analysis

Elder Rose POV:

We all sat down as Lewis prepared to show us his forensic analysis of the Titanic sinking. "Okay, here we go. She hits the berg on the starboard side. She kind of bumps along, punching holes like morse code along the side, below the waterline, then the forward compartments start to flood. Now as the water level rises, it spills over the water tight bulkheads which unfortunately don't go any higher than E Deck. So now, as the bow goes down, the stern rises up, slow at first then faster and faster until her whole ass is sticking up in the air - and that's a big ass, we're talking 20, 30 thousand tons and the hole's not designed to deal with that kind of pressure so what happens? She splits, right down to the keel and the stern falls back level. Then as the bow sinks, it pulls the stern vertical and then finally detaches. The stern section just kinda bobs there like a cork for a couple of minutes, floods and then finally goes under at about 2:20am, 2 hours and 40 minutes after the collision. The bow section planes away, landing about half a mile away, going 20-30 knots when it hits the ocean floor. Pretty cool, huh?"

As much as I admired how accurate this simulation was of the ship sinking, it did not compare to how it felt to be there in reality... nothing did. It was definitely an experience I could never ever forget and no matter how hard I tried, the suffering of it would never end. I couldn't recover. "Thank you for that fine forensic analysis, Mr Bodine. Of course, the experience was... somewhat different." Brock kneels down next to me, desperate to learn my story. "Will you share it with us?"

I slowly stood up out of my chair and made my way to one of the screens recording the current shipwreck. It was not an easy thing to look at, it brought back memories of everything, of my life, of my pain... of him. It hurt to think of it but I didn't come all the way down here for nothing.

I felt tears surface my eyes and there was no use in fighting them, so I allowed them to roll down my cheeks as I painfully remembered everything, the band music, the dining rooms and the cage I was trapped in. I had the key to get out, I just didn't know it, which allowed them to keep me trapped inside. He helped me find the key, he guided me to it, he guided me and got me through all the pain. I gasped in shock of the memories and Lizzie helped me to sit down. She offered to take me to rest but I refused. They invited me onto their ship for my story and I owed it to them to share it to them. Brock grabbed a tape recorder and set it down in the table before me. "Tell us, Rose... share your story"

"It's been 84 years..." I begun but Brock cut me off, assuming my sentence was finished. "Thats okay, just try to remember anything, anything at all. There has to be some memories, surely.." I stared at him and smiled. "Do you want to hear this or not, Mr Lovett? Its been 84 years and... I can still smell, the fresh paint.. the China had never been used... the sheets had never been slept in. Titanic was called, 'The Ship Of Dreams'. And it was... it really was"