Open The Gate

Rose POV:

"Move out of the way, Rose." Jack instructed me. I did so. He kicked and pushed the door with all his might until it finally broke open. He grabbed my hand as we went through the frame, searching where to go as a crewman scolded us. "Hey! What do you think you're doing? You'll have to pay for that, you know. That's White Star Line property!" Was he serious? The ship was sinking and this man was worried about a door?! Jack and I both turned and screamed at him simultaneously. "SHUT UP!!!" Even given the situation, I couldn't help but smile at how in sync we were.

Mr Andrews POV:

I noticed that the boats weren't being launched with full capacity. "Mr Lightoller, why are the boats being launched half full? There, 20 or so in a boat built for 65? And I saw one boat with only 12. 12!" This wasn't a game. We hadn't enough boats as it was but now they weren't even being launched fully? People's lives were at risk. "We weren't sure of the weight, Mr Andrews. These boats may buckle," he protested. "Rubbish! They were tested in Belfast with the weight of 70 men! Now fill these boats, Mr Lightoller, for godsake, man!" I commanded. He looked around before asking for more women and children. I walked away.

Rose POV:

As Jack and I desperately searched for a way back up, we found a set of stairs with a locked gate at the top. There was a group of passengers among us, demanding the gate to be unlocked. Tommy ran up to us. "Can we get out??" Jack asked him. "It's hopeless that way!" He complained. "Well, whatever we do, we've gotta do it fast!" Fabrizio ran up to Jack and they hugged. I smiled a little at how happy they were to see each other. I admired how much he cared for his friends. "The boats are all going!" Fabrizio explained. Jack and I exchanged worried glances. "This whole place is flooding, we've gotta get our of here!" He said, grabbing my hand and squeezing it. "There's niente this way!" Fabrizio replied. "Let's go this way!" Jack suggested and we all followed.

We found another set of stairs with yet another locked gate. We pushed our way to the front and saw that these workers weren't armed. "Open the gate!" Jack commanded them. "Go back down the main stairwell," one instructed. "Open the gate right now," Jack commanded again. The worker repeated himself. "Go back down the main stairwell like I told you!" Jack glared at the worker before violently shaking the gate and screaming. "GOD DAMNIT, YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!"
I had never seen him so angry, so enraged. I stroked his hair as a way of calming him down, which appeared to work. He smiled and pecked the tip of my nose before searching for something. He ran over to a piece of furniture and I immediately knew what he was thinking. He tried ripping it from the ground with all of his might. I tried helping but he told me not to. I guess he didn't want me hurting myself.

Fabrizio and Tommy ran over to help him as I instructed the passengers to move aside. The three finally managed to detavg the furniture while being yelled at to put it down. Carrying the furniture with the other two, Jack yelled, "ONE, TWO, THREE!!" They charged it at the gate and it busted a little. "AGAIN!!! ONE, TWO, THREE!!" They charged one last time and the gate broke off its hinge. They put down the furniture and Jack grabbed my hand. "Let's go, Rose!" He lifted me over it and we ran, still being scolded by the workers.