Underwater

Rose POV:

As Jack and I were sucked underwater, I tried my hardest to kick my way up to the surface but it didn't seem to be working. I thought about giving up but I couldn't. I had to keep trying. Still holding Jack's hand, I felt him try and pull me. Eventually, we lost grip and by the time I finally managed to kick my way up to the surface, he was nowhere to be seen. Had he sunk?? He didn't have a lifebelt on so it was definitely a possibility. "JACK!! JACK!! JACK!! JACK!!" I heard him calling my name in the distance but it was hard to locate as everybody in the water was screeching. I started to swim, looking for him. I felt something grab hold on my head and push me back underwater. I kicked my way back up. "NO!" I was pushed underwater again. "JACK!!" And again. This time, when I kicked my way back up, Jack was before me. "GET OFF HER! GET OFF HER!!" Jack punched the man who had a strong grip on me and grabbed me.

"Rose!" He said. "Jack!" I tried breathing for air. "SWIM ROSE! I NEED YOU TO SWIM!" We swam through the water together. "KEEP SWIMMIMG," He instructed. "It's so cold," I replied. "SWIM, ROSE! COME ON! HERE! Keep swimming!"We approached some debris floating in the water. "Come on, get on it. Get on top." I pushed myself up onto the debris. Jack tried to get on with me but it almost pushed under. He helped me stay on. I laid on the door, catching my breath while he held onto it. We looked around as everyone whistled and screamed for the boats fo come back. "It'll be alright now, it'll be alright now," he reassured me. "The boats are coming back for us, Rose. Hold on just a little bit longer. They had to row away for the suction but... now they'll be coming back." I felt like Jack was lying just to reassure me but I had to trust him.