The Chase

Jack POV:

I dated the drawing 'April 14 1912' and signed it 'JD' at the bottom corner. I then put it in the portfolio with my other drawings which I handed to Rose. She thanked me and brushed her lips against mine before giggling.

I approached Rose, now back in her robe as she was writing a note. She handed me the closed box containing the diamond necklace and asked me to put it back into the safe. I looked inside the safe as I did so, everything looked so expensive. As much as I envied it all, I was glad I never had this stuff to care about. I liked being poor and carefree.

I stared out the open window into the dark sea, shivering while Rose got changed. As she came through, I folded my coat over me, trying to get warm. "It's getting cold," I said before noticing her outfit. She looked breathtaking. It was effortless but beautiful. She was wearing a lovely pastel empire waist dress, with pink satin and white chiffon accents and a matching sash. She wore her gorgeous red curls loose over her shoulders, I loved them like that. I couldn't help but stare at how perfect she was. "You look nice," I complimented but before she could reply we were interrupted by a knocking.

"Miss Rose?" We heard a voice say, which I recognised as Cal's servant, Mr Lovejoy. Rose quickly grabbed my hand and guided me to another room of the suite, closing the door behind us. I realised a little too late that we had left my drawings in the sitting room. We opened another door to exit the suite and walked away. We heard a door open and Rose and I turned out heads to see Lovejoy. We picked up the pace until he began to run. "CMON!" Rose yelled and started running with me, holding my hand. We ran to an elevator and yelled over and over again for the operator to take us down. He did so, just in time. As we saw Lovejoy appear at the gate of the elevator as we were going down, Rose gave him the finger and laughed before waving at him mockingly.

Rose POV:

As we ran out of the elevator, we bumped into a man and Jack apologized, laughing. He looked so cute the way he laughed. We ran down a set of stairs and behind a door, laughing uncontrollably. We stopped to catch our breath as Jack said, "Pretty tough for a valet, this fella. Seems more like a cop." Still laughing, I held onto the wall. "I think we was," I replied. Before I could say anything else, we saw Lovejoy through the circular window. He spotted us and started running for our direction. "GO!!" I yelled and Jack grabbed my hand, taking me inside a small room and locking the door. We realised we were trapped, the only escape being down a chute leading to the boiler room. Covering my ears from the loud noise below in the boiler room, I yelled as loud as I could, "NOW WHAT?!" Jack was also covering his ears. "WHAT?" He asked as we laughed.

Jack jumped down the chute before helping me go through. Once we were both down, we were approached by a boiler room worker. "Hold up! What are you two doing down here? You're not supposed to be down here, it could be dangerous!" He yelled as we ran away from him, through the boiler room. I laughed as Jack yelled, DON'T MIND US, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, YOU GUYS ARE DOING A GREAT JOB!"

We continued running until we approached what appeared to be a storage room. It contained a large carriage with leather seats. I stood by the door and cleared my throat at Jack. He grinned and walked over to me, opening the door and taking my hand. "Thank you," I said, climbing into the back seat. Behind me I noticed a glass vase with two roses. I pulled down the window before me as Jack sat in the drivers seat and beeped the horn, making me laugh. "Where to, Miss?" He joked, in a posh-like voice. I leaned over close to him and whispered, "To the stars."

Jack faced me smiling and blushing as I grabbed his arms and pulled him through the window with all my might so he was in the back with me. He put an arm around me and pulled me in close, his diamond eyes gazing into my mine. "You nervous?" He asked me. I stared into the depths of his soul. "No.." I replied before grabbing his hand and kissing each finger, one by one. I then looked up at him. "Put your hands on me, Jack."

With the guidance of my hand, he slowly moved a hand to my breast, gripping gently. I brushed my lips against his and our kissing became more passionate. He pushed me down gently as we continued to kiss. I took off his jacket and slowly undid the buttons on his shirt as he unzipped the back of my dress. And we made love, right there in the back of the carriage.