The Stars

Rose POV:

Jack offered to walk me back to first class as it was getting late and we were both a little drunk. He had been teaching a song to me and we attempted to sing it together in our drunken state. Luckily we weren't too drunk - It was mild. "Come, Josephine, in my flying machine, going up she goes, up she goes! Uh... Something backwards on a beam, in the air she goes! Where? There she goes! Up, up, a little bit higher! Oh, my! The moon is on fire..." We sang as we approached first class. I smiled as I took the jacket off of my shoulders that Jack had placed on me to keep me warm and handed it back to him.

"Here we are," I said, looking to at the sign that read 'first class'. Jack nodded. He looked a little sad to see me go. I was sad too, i had such a fun night and I really felt like I could really, be myself around Jack, unlike the stuck up people I have to spend my days with. "I dont wanna go back," I admitted to Jack, smiling.

I stared up at the beautiful night sky and motioned for Jack to do the same. "It's so beautiful. So vast and endless," I said, dreamily. "They're so small. My crowd... Would think they're giants. They're not even dust in God's eye," I said. Jack smiled at me and looked me in the eyes. "You know, there's been a mistake. You're not one of them. You got mailed to the wrong address." I laughed at the irony of that sentence but had to agree with it. "I did, didn't I?"

I noticed something magnificent in the night sky. "Look, a shooting star!" I exclaimed, pointing upwards. Jack stared at it. "Wow, that was a long one. You know, my pops used to tell me that everytime you saw one of those, it was a soul on its way to heaven," he explained. It was one of the most magical things I'd ever heard. "I like that. And are you supposed to wish on it?" I asked him. He looked at me and smiled. "Why? What would you wish for?" He asked, his curiosity getting the best of him. My gaze did not shift off of him. "Something I cant have. Goodnight, Jack." I said, making my way back to first class.