The Ship Will Sink

Rose POV:

As Cal, Mother and I made our way through the dining area, I noticed Mr Andrews. He was scanning the room, eyes filled with worry. I saw Mother instruct Trudy to turn the heater back on in the rooms. As Mr Andrews walked past me I walked over to him and grabbed his arms. "Mr Andrews," I began. He turned around, looking startled but alarmed. "I saw the iceberg. And I see it in your eyes. Please tell me the truth," I pleaded. He guided me away from everyone else and looked at me in the eyes.

"The ship will sink," he informed me. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I asked him if he was 100 percent certain and he nodded. I slowly brought my hand to my mouth in shock. "In an hour or so, all of this will be at the bottom of the Atlantic. Please, tell only who you must. I don't want to be responsible for a panic. And get to a boat, quickly. Domt wait. You remember what I told you about the boats?" I memorised our conversation from earlier in the day where he informed me that there was only enough for half of the passengers aboard. "Yes. I understand." All I could think about was Jack. What if he didn't make it? What if I didn't make it? What if we never saw each other again? Would he even care?